Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by gmahler
    The fan motor is bolted directly to the top frame with exposed screws on the Goodman. ....About the sound blanket, I can only go by what the distributor said, he was very emphatic about it not having one. Maybe he was not showing me a 13 SEER CPLT, I asked to see one..
    Just so you will know for the future, here is the CPLT spec sheet showing the wire grill style top, the quiet 825 cfm fan motor and the sound blanket all as standard items.

http://securenet.goodmanmfg.com/pdf/...Lit/SS-342.PDF

Now, things are going to change with 13 SEER becoming the base units. The niceties are going to be reserved for the upgrade units in all brands.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

To the OP 'actech_rds'

(we can't help DIY, due to site rules )

The fan motor is bolted directly to the top frame with exposed screws on the Goodman. About the sound blanket, I can only go by what the distributor said, he was very emphatic about it not having one.
    Most units are just like the Goodman model.
    I suggest you start looking at units a little more on your service calls and you will see that this is the norm.

As far as the comment by your distributor... well, all I'll say is that he needs to be enlightened on the cooling techniques of a compressor. And realize that the sound blanket doesn't hinder the cooling process.

Next time your talking to that guy again, ask him this question... If the sound blanket is a hindrance on the compressor, why is it an included feature on the more efficient units (that normally have long compressor warranties)?

WOW!!!

You all are great I didn't even think about posible noise from the compressor or possible noise coming from the way the fan was mounted. the unit is a realitves unit and i was trying to see if she was going to need a new fan motor or if she even need to worry about. as for like illeagal info not quiet what i was looking for... just looking for like specs and fan probs other people may have come acrossed in the feild is all. but i learned alot about goodman and noise possibilities. I know the field is vast and not all are going to see one unit as better then the other, so thank you all for your input on this matter. beleive it or not you all have helped some.

Just FYI

I am a student in the HVAC, so far I am Universally EPA, and looking at my up coming cert's. so my questions are not outside the box. i dont even have and air conditioner in my house LOL... anyway, just trying to learn more about how diffrent systems and probs are seen so i can apply them in the class and soon in the field.
    I mean no harm to the hvac industry for it will soon be my bread and butter as well.

Then stick around and you will learn A LOT of valuable information!

Check out the 'FOR YOUR INTEREST' section!

sweat TY

Thanks for the tip... I could use all the help i can get. if i can avoid the wall of shame i would really like to...

BTW I'm not brand bashing, I myself have a no-name air handler 25 years old and still running so I know that brand name does not always mean anything. Although I have the feeling that they don't make em as they used to, I mean all brands are not. Thanks to Robo for the info, I did see that on Goodman's web site, I will say that they have the most informative site, I find the others lacking. I will call that distributor back and ask him about the compressor blanket. About the fan motor, I know that you can't see screws on an Am.Std Heritage series top, nor on a Carrier Performance series. I think all the high seer Carriers have the same top...

The fan motor is bolted directly to the top frame with exposed screws on the Goodman. I've looked at an American Standard and it, like my 11 year old Carrier has what looks like a hard plastic center piece and the mounting screws are under this not exposed. I'm not saying this is bad, but I just happen to like the other design better. About the sound blanket, I can only go by what the distributor said, he was very emphatic about it not having one. Maybe he was not showing me a 13 SEER CPLT, I asked to see one..

It's good or Goodman.LOL!!!

Originally posted by fl1
    It's good or Goodman.LOL!!!
    Gee, isn't that clever?

I prefer; "See there ladies, a Goodman really isn't that hard to find after all."

After all, they are in more homes then any other singular brand
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

good night folks

thanks for a wild day of chatting and quick responses. lol.
    hey "it's all good as long as it keeps the jobs out there till i can get in on the action" keep it real and gitter done!!!! until later bye

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12