+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 550s going back

Post Likes

550s going back

My testos failed me on Wed this week, the display went all weird so they are on their way to be repaired.
    I'm not tolerating Political Correctness anymore, from now on it's tell it like it is.

Veto Pro Pak - The best tool bag you'll ever own

Post Likes
    join the ranks of the disappointed
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Post Likes
    How long have you had them and how often do you use them? And can you relate any once circumstance to their failure (example, used them outside in the rain, or dropped them, etc.)

Post Likes
    That sucks man. Im on my second set my self. My new set the back battery compartment wont stay on , i should send them back but dont feel like dealing with it.

Post Likes
    my analogs are 7 yrs old and still do the trick

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by youngtech View Post
    my analogs are 7 yrs old and still do the trick
    You have a set of analog gauges that are 7 years old?

I would replace them on general principles. I seriously doubt their accuracy

Post Likes

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by CrispinHvac View Post
    That sucks man. Im on my second set my self. My new set the back battery compartment wont stay on , i should send them back but dont feel like dealing with it.

yep....got better things to do, all ready have enough stress and don't need any more especially from my freakin tools.
    "I aint going to spit on 30 years of my life" Monte Walsh

Post Likes
    Say it aint so Joe!

I just got my second 550 and Plus II's cause I am so happy with the first.

I hated to read your post. Kinda popped my bubble. Please post up on your repair experience.

Post Likes
    How do I get mine to read superheat and subcooling. I've looked in the book, but not smart enough to figure it out.
    Beware of advice given by some guy on the Internet.

Post Likes
    My second set lasted 2 months. When it puked, I said the hell with it and tossed them into the junkbox under my bench in the garage. One of these days, I'll drag it to the range and pump a couple of 30-06's through it for youtube.

No such trouble with the much older Digicool 1250's tho. Lesson learned.

Post Likes
    I spoke to Digi Cool today.They say the AK 900 should be out in July.I Have a set of Digi cool DRSA 1100.About 6 years old.Never missed a beat.Still work Great.Bought a set of Testo 550.First set broke after the first time I used them.Got a replacement set.Gave me a B.S grounding strap to use with the new set.Very unprofessional looking . Digi cools never nedded an ugly grounding strap.I have heard that the new testo 550 does not need the clamp.I put the testos away in the closet and continue to use the digi cools.They are seven years old,and better than the new Testo 550.Maybe I wil use the Testo on occasion.Like when i go fishing!! A good boat anchor.Looking at a newer set of digitals.I think I am going to look at the new fieldpiece SMAN 3 .I will probably buy them to try,and than buy a new set of Digi Cools later on.Unless the fieldpie ce is so awesome.Also heard that the new Digi Cool AK 900 will be about $350.00 Fieldpie ce SMAN is $350.00-400.00(Depending where you buy them) I also own the cooper MMF.I like it,but find the Digi Cool better for general use and ease of charging.Cooper is probably better as a monitoring type of service tool.Overall I think the Digi Cool is the Best.If I were to Buy any of them after what I now know.I will post about this again after I buy the SMAN 3.

Post Likes
    Got them back yesterday, on my birthday. How lucky is that. Only took 10 days.
    I'm not tolerating Political Correctness anymore, from now on it's tell it like it is.

Veto Pro Pak - The best tool bag you'll ever own

Post Likes
    my testo is still taking a lickin and still tickin-- 1 and 1/2 years now
    It is what it is unless I say differently !!!!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in