+ Reply to Thread

Thread: $3.00 a gal in cali

Post Likes
    Here in the heart of sunny california #2 diesel is $3.00 a gal.

If there is one thing that drives the price of just about everything , its the fuel needed to deliver products

comming to a theater near you soon

Post Likes
    #2 was $2.35 here just 2 or 3 days ago. My truck was on E, but I put it off until last night. Sure enough, $2.47... Man, if the gas companies had better excuses to raising thier prices I wouldn't mind. But I swear if thier office has to buy a new fly swatter, the gas prices go up $.10 a gallon.

Post Likes
    We import all our fuel here and it has been over three dollars for the past year. Was about $1.80 when I moved here 7 years ago, but is now double.

I was in Sweden in 1980, I remember gas being the equivalent of 78 cents a litre then, that is about $2.95 a US gallon, 25 years ago.

Europeans have been paying big dollars for fuel for a long time, while we in the west have been spoiled.
    The way we build has a greater impact on our comfort, energy consumption and IAQ than any HVAC system we install.

http://www.ductstrap.com/

Post Likes
    so what?

who cares?

if you judge it by who is doing something to curb gasoline prices ... you will realise right now that this is simply an acceptable price to be paying for what we are receiving.

There are no picket lines at the pumps in America!
    There are no letter writting drives on right now to flood the state capitols and the white house with hard copy, personal letter, hand written, to inform the representatives of the great land ... exactely how we feel about this matter!

we simply whine about the prices and yet we do nothing to prevent it from continuing.

and where does the money go? To Arab nations.
    And where does terrorism come from? Arab nations.
    Who are the enemy which are killing our young men & women overseas right now? Muslims who hate Americans!

If you ask me, we arent too smart! in my opinion.

Post Likes
    Europeans have been paying big dollars for fuel for a long time, while we in the west have been spoiled.
    --------------------

I cant count the number of times I have heard that statement used to justify the price we pay for fuel. I could care less how much europe has been charging their people for fuel, Now and for the past 25 years

believe it or not we are in the united states! If the prise of fuel in europe rose like it has here they should be paying about $10.00 a liter by now

we have a lame duck president that is in the oil busniess. the price at the pump has doubled in the past year and if you believe what the oil companys are telling you, the price of a barrell has risen from 25.00 to 61.00 the other day. If that were true we would be paying $10.00 a gallon also.

When they raise the cost of diesel fuel(which BTW is the waste byproduct of the cracking process) it affects everything. It costs the refineries no more to produce a gallon of diesel from a barrell than it does gasoline

so why is diesel so much more expensive?

and why does it cost more to produce it in europe

Post Likes
    Just waiting to service one of their offices.

Freon/$100.09/lb.
    We've been doing so much,for so long,with so little, that now we can do almost anything, with nothing at all.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by ct2
    --------------------

I cant count the number of times I have heard that statement used to justify the price we pay for fuel. I could care less how much europe has been charging their people for fuel, Now and for the past 25 years

believe it or not we are in the united states! If the prise of fuel in europe rose like it has here they should be paying about $10.00 a liter by now

we have a lame duck president that is in the oil busniess. the price at the pump has doubled in the past year and if you believe what the oil companys are telling you, the price of a barrell has risen from 25.00 to 61.00 the other day. If that were true we would be paying $10.00 a gallon also.

When they raise the cost of diesel fuel(which BTW is the waste byproduct of the cracking process) it affects everything. It costs the refineries no more to produce a gallon of diesel from a barrell than it does gasoline

so why is diesel so much more expensive?

and why does it cost more to produce it in europe
    AMEN...oh bty, it's gonna open at 62.20 in the morning...
    "Value our Differences"

Post Likes
    Damn. I thought this was a hooker thread.

Post Likes
    The way we build has a greater impact on our comfort, energy consumption and IAQ than any HVAC system we install.

Post Likes
    We recently drove my truck/camper on a 2000 mile trip through the Rockies.
    I spent more on bottled water, Baileys, wine and beer than I did on diesel.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by Collin
    We recently drove my truck/camper on a 2000 mile trip through the Rockies.
    I spent more on bottled water, Baileys, wine and beer than I did on diesel.
    You must be driving a Cummins , My Powerstroke is a thirsty one .

Post Likes

Good call

2003 Cummins with six speed and Jake brake.
    Averaged almost 13 mpg at 12,700 lbs.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by condenseddave
    Damn. I thought this was a hooker thread.
    No Dave, that would be Cuba

Post Likes
    man, you guys pay more (per gallon) for a bottle of water than you do gas, what are you complaining about?

you want something to complain about? how about this?

today i bought a case of beer (2.25 gals.), and paid 15.49.
    that equals 6.88/gal.

6.88 for a gallon of water with small amounts of hops, rice and barley malt. and of course time, the exclusive beechwood aging process must take at least a week.

all this typing has made me thirsty, i think it's beer thirty.

Post Likes
    A guy at the job site told me fuel oil was running $3/gal and asked about if a new furnace would help.

I told him to upgrade his insulation and tighten the house, if its in bad shape, which it did need some work. At those prices even a new furnace would eat up the fuel.

Wonder how propane is doing? First year I used %700, after upgrades have been running $400/yr all gas house.
    Col 3:23

questions asked, answers received, ignorance abated

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in