Thread: Confused

Hmm

OK I GOT CALLED ON THIS JOB PEOPLE SAYING LOCAL ELECTRIC COMPANY CAME OUT TO LOOK AT THERE METER BECAUSE THERE BILL HAD DOUBLED THE ELECTRIC GUY SAID OH YEAH ITS YOUR AIR CONDITIONING NOW IM STILL KIND OF NEW TO THE TRADE A (COUPLE YEARS)I AMPED OUT EVERY MOTOR THEY CHECKED OUT FINE ANY IDEAS

Does it ever shut off? I would look into the run time and why it may be running longer.

dirty coils, dirty filter, duct came apart some where, kids leaving doors open, low on freon, too much freon, drier venting back in the house. if it has electric heat maybe on of the elements is stuck on, same for water heater, attic insulation poor and attic fan quit if it has one. you will have to look at the whole picture. good luck

Originally posted by hansc81
    OK I GOT CALLED ON THIS JOB PEOPLE SAYING LOCAL ELECTRIC COMPANY CAME OUT TO LOOK AT THERE METER BECAUSE THERE BILL HAD DOUBLED THE ELECTRIC GUY SAID OH YEAH ITS YOUR AIR CONDITIONING NOW IM STILL KIND OF NEW TO THE TRADE A (COUPLE YEARS)I AMPED OUT EVERY MOTOR THEY CHECKED OUT FINE ANY IDEAS
    There is no information to hang our hat on.

Make up a check list and perform the necessary system checks!

http://www.udarrell.com/ac-trouble-shooting-chart.html

http://www.udarrell.com/air-conditio...city-seer.html

I ASKED THEM IF IT RAN ALL THE TIME AND THEY SAID IT DIDNT AND IT ACTUALLY DID CYCLE WHILE I WAS THERE AND ITS A GAS HEAT I THINK IT MAY BE A REFRIGERATOR OR SOMETHING ELSE BECAUSE IT JUST ISNT SEEMING LIKE ANYTHING

clean condenser coils and recheck charge. yes clean condenser coils even if they dont look dirty.

What're you sellin', U? Everytime you post there's a link to one of your websites....