Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    You would think subs would have some kind of external quick connect ftg on the outside that could be easily attached to an air hose supplied by a rescue sub, to at least give em some more time to figger out how to get them out.
    Poor bastards, 625 feet down, tangled in some steel netting, running out of time.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me!

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Originally posted by Diceman
    You would think subs would have some kind of external quick connect ftg on the outside that could be easily attached to an air hose supplied by a rescue sub, to at least give em some more time to figger out how to get them out.
    Poor bastards, 625 feet down, tangled in some steel netting, running out of time.
    I'd be willing to donate the use of my hundred foot charging hose .... then you'd only need another five guys to do the same ....

just a thought

Ya mean......After I fix it for ya..........

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Originally posted by R12rules
    Originally posted by Diceman
    625 feet down
    I'd be willing to donate the use of my hundred foot charging hose .... then you'd only need another five guys to do the same ....
    But what about the other 25' and all the hose couplings?

The last time the ruskies sank one of their own, we offered to send a rescue sub to save them and we were not allowed to do so. Their own ruskie leader didnt even make an effort to save them and there were 118 people down there that time. Word of that accident didnt hit the streets untill it was to late and now

------

There is no telling how long those people have been down there before the accident was reported.

we are being told that they are caught in a fishing net, but I have read on the net that the ruskies have underwater radio towers in that area and that the thing is caught in the cables of one of those towers

we have rescue subs that can attach to the conning tower of another sub , seal itself and supply air , extract people etc...but you need to remove them when they are still alive

and besides the ruskies have copied everything we have ever built from the H bomb to the space shuttle, do you really believe they have no way to send help to trapped submariners

Yeah I belive it, they don't, last time they didn't ask for help till it was too late. Read up on it. The fish net thing is long gone, they admit it was radar netting, 60 tons worth, but it is 10 miles off their shores, who cares.
    Those guys are screwed.

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Last I read there is a crew already on site cutting cable and the U.S. Submersibles are on there way, Their goverment is saying they are fine being in 42 degrees and still breathing its just a matter of time to pull them up far enough to get them out with rescue divers.
    Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat. (President Theodore Roosevelt)

since I posted earlier I read that this is 1 of 4 rescue submarines that the pacfic fleet of russia has and it is the only one capable of the depths they are at

I heard on the evening news that the ruskies have strung cables umder it and they are lifting it to a depth that divers can reach it. They also reported speaking to them

who cares.
    Those guys are screwed.

Now Dice , if the us had a sub sink and the ruskies were able to rescue them , I am sure they would do all they could to ---forget it they would steal it and hold the crew hostage

his is from a report about the kursik when it sank

BBC said both sides appeared satisfied that the British mini-sub would be able to connect with the Kursk and equalize the pressure between the two vessels, before opening the hatch from the outside to allow rescuers into the Russian sub.

so they are able to pressurise a sub from the outside

I just hope that they can be saved, other things aside.

Ok so whats going on now.......not a whole lot being said. An 2 hours ago it sounded like they would be up anytime now?

TV news at 10 Texas time said the sub was on the surface but the condition of the crew was unknown at the time. Stay tuned...

Never once wavered from my gratefulness to be a surface sailor during my Navy tour!
    • Electricity makes refrigeration happen.
    • Refrigeration makes the HVAC psychrometric process happen.
    • HVAC pyschrometrics is what makes indoor human comfort happen...IF the ducts AND the building envelope cooperate.

A building is NOT beautiful unless it is also comfortable.

THEY ARE OUT OF THE WATER

Just heard on the news here that they have pulled the sub out of the water and they are all alive

----------------------

in a pressurized sub , if they surface to quickly will they still suffer from the bends?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast