So I passed my interprovincial Exam...

I wrote last Saturday and was really sour until I got the results. It was more of a test of your ability to decipher riddles.

I got an 86 and I still want to go back and argue questions. But 70 or 99 I passed.

I'm now a journeyperson

Congrats.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Way to go EH!
    I still remember the day I wrote, quite the feeling....
    (by the way I got an 86% too lol)
    Now, march into the boss and ask for a raise, you deserve it!!!!!

how was it?
    I'm writing mine in about 2 1/2 hours, kinda nervous but i don't think it should be too bad

Quote Originally Posted by adam_s05 View Post
    how was it?
    I'm writing mine in about 2 1/2 hours, kinda nervous but i don't think it should be too bad
    Apparently not that bad. There were some very poor questions. They had a wiring diagram with a split phase motor. The question was how would you reverse the rotation of the motor?

I should have picked this but it was was reverse line 1 and line 2. I still disagree with it. You would have had the switch the start winding internally in the motor. Switching the lines in that particular case wouldn't have done anything.

Brief, poor worded questions. What causes lights to flicker in a building when something is turned on?

high low voltage
    low high voltage

Like come on could you have put excessive voltage drop instead of something that essentially means the same thing?

I hate the questions on the COQ, They give you four answers and all of them could be correct....The most correct answer is normally the one.

Look at it this way. You don't have to write it anymore. We all know most of the stuff you get tested on you never use anyways

They don't want you to get 100%. Government... They figure your head would explode

Did my provincial (Ont. test was compromised at the time) in 1986 - 82%
    Interprovincial in 1999 - 84%

86%, eh? I see they've lightened up a bit

Congrats, eh.
    Is this a Fabreze moment? C.Y.D. I'm voting white elephant. 2.
    My competition are my best salespeople!

So just wrote the exam yesterday.... WOW wtf? those questions are stupid and made me feel that way. I'm pretty sure i got all the "gimme" questions and few more that i knew from studying pretty hard all week before the exam. The rest i'm 50-50 on just really now sure how i did, and basically walked out rattled and shaking.... cannot stop going through the questions and answers in my head... i really hope i got enough right arrrghh this is going to be a long few weeks until i get the results back.

congrats........ welcome to the club I wrote a few years ago and got 76% as long as you get over 70% its good enough, employers wont to know if you have CoQ not what mark you got to get your CoQ.

Quote Originally Posted by westendmechanical View Post
    congrats........ welcome to the club I wrote a few years ago and got 76% as long as you get over 70% its good enough, employers wont to know if you have CoQ not what mark you got to get your CoQ.
    Quite right. The CofQ is proof of minimum standard.

Yes, it can be a nerve racking experience, believing our futures depend on it. Personally, I think we put too much emphasis on passing... It's just going to occupy your every waking moment for the rest of your life, ya'know

Is this a Fabreze moment? C.Y.D. I'm voting white elephant. 2.
    My competition are my best salespeople!