Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by mr hvac41
    so, whAT exactly is 'icp' besides some kinda violence oriented band?
    Inter City Products
    R2B4BTU

Originally posted by davidr
    The distributor told us we were the only ones having that problem.
    That's because the others just tell them they need a new unit and don't even bother to offer a repair. You can offer a replacement as an option stating that where there's on leak there will be more.
    R2B4BTU

Originally posted by otto
    Originally posted by mr hvac41
    so, whAT exactly is 'icp' besides some kinda violence oriented band?
    Inter City Products
    Nope, that changed to "International Comfort Products"... Didn't you get the memo? The original sounded too much like Inner City...

Look under "Heil-Quaker" thanks to John Mills.

http://www.johnmills.net/work/history.html

Originally posted by ct_hvac_tech
    Anyone have trouble with ICP evaperators? We sell Tempstar, and I swear half the coils we put in have restrictions in them. Had one leak after only 2 years, and coil had a 1 year warranty.................had another 2 year old coil that was so restricted it brought the suction all the way down to 10 psi - we talked them into replacing that one. Seems like all their coils are JUNK!
    I've replaced probably a dozen leaking Temp Star evap coils in the past 18 months, and we dont even sell this brand.

All of them have been cased coils on gas furnaces in tract homes.

All were 2-3 years old.

Even though the coils are under warranty it still costs the homeowners a pretty penny to have them replaced.
    We've been doing so much,for so long,with so little, that now we can do almost anything, with nothing at all.

OH SHISTA!

ARCOAIRE / COMFORT MAKER UNIT AT MY HOUSE IS ICP! D@RN IT! NO WONDER IT DON'T F-IN COOL WELL! BESIDES THE FACT THAT "SCARE - TRON" INSTALLED IT!

scaretron is my name for a local company in dayton. they umm, sort of kinda attempted to do a half way shoddy job on tossing the units into these cheapo houses! you have to take half the supply plenum apart to even see the coil. good luck cleaning it! they run the lineset out the front and across the door which is hacked to you know where and back (several hundred thousand times) to get the door off, you have to remove about half a roll of various tapes and hundreds of screws. the flue has to be taken off the furnace and you then have to bend the door to get to the coil. these doors also have 's' fittings on them. so you take care of the coil. now, bend to door back down along the crease put the screws back in. if you dont use all of them, the door will fall apart when the fan runs(if it works!) i usually dont foil tape it back unless its a gaping hole cause most of the tape goes on solid metal anyways! now, try to get the flue back on! then you get to find the filter if theres one in it. acess to the unit is fun. we've got the pos's on legs that come out of the side of the house.several of the units just sit there. i guess scaretron thinks the units wont just get up and walk the plank. if the comp tries a hard start from mercury in stat going all over the place and clapping the contactor, you could put a cradle on the thing and ot would rock your baby! THIS IS IN NO WAY ENCOURAGED! IF I FIND YOU TRIED THAT, I WILL FIND YOUR A/C AND TAKE IT AS WELL AS CHARGE THE REST OF THE LINESET WITH WATER AND BRAZE IT SHUT!

If your house's installation bothers you, fix it or replace it.

International Comfort Products.

I wonder how many times Willis has turned over in his grave.
    If you really know how it works, you have an execellent chance of fixin' er up!

Tomorrow is promised to no one...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12