+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More ICP ummmmmmmmmm equip!!!!

Post Likes
    12 RUT's 7.5, 10 and 15 tonners all 3 yr old and 9 out of the 12 have the same prob as shown. Carrier got a real winner with this acquisition. 15 tonners hold 27 lbs of Green freezone.

If you really know how it works, you have an execellent chance of fixin' er up!

Tomorrow is promised to no one...

Post Likes
    I fix alot of lennox residential condensors with this problem. Poor weld or to much vibration...something.

Post Likes
    The distributor told us we were the only ones having that problem.
    Have you set up a Google alert for Carbon Monoxide yet?
    Click here to find out how.

Post Likes
    And now that the ICP line of light commercial are Carriers, it will get worse

Post Likes
    Anyone have trouble with ICP evaperators? We sell Tempstar, and I swear half the coils we put in have restrictions in them. Had one leak after only 2 years, and coil had a 1 year warranty.................had another 2 year old coil that was so restricted it brought the suction all the way down to 10 psi - we talked them into replacing that one. Seems like all their coils are JUNK!

Post Likes
    ct_hvac_tech "Anyone have trouble with ICP evaperators? We sell Tempstar, and I swear half the coils we put in have restrictions in them. Had one leak after only 2 years, and coil had a 1 year warranty.................had another 2 year old coil that was so restricted it brought the suction all the way down to 10 psi - we talked them into replacing that one. Seems like all their coils are JUNK! "

Tempstar (ICP) has a 5 year warranty on all functional parts. That includes coils. You may want to tell the dealer that it has a non repairable leak.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by davidr
    SOP

You're the only ones having a problem.

No we don't have any service bulletins on that particular problem.

The check is in the mail.

We're here to help you. (Inspector General Team)
    Aircraft Mechanical Accessories Technician. The Air Force changed the job title to Air Craft Environmental Systems Technician. But I've decided I'll always be a Mech Acc.

Post Likes
    That second pic doesn't look like a factory weld.

Post Likes
    That's the way they came cuz I set the units for the cutomer. He bought them and we set the curbs and installed all the duct work. Has been my service account for 12 years so I know no one else has worked on them. But I agree it is pretty shabby looking.
    If you really know how it works, you have an execellent chance of fixin' er up!

Tomorrow is promised to no one...

Post Likes
    Originally posted by ct_hvac_tech
    Anyone have trouble with ICP evaperators? We sell Tempstar, and I swear half the coils we put in have restrictions in them. Had one leak after only 2 years, and coil had a 1 year warranty.................had another 2 year old coil that was so restricted it brought the suction all the way down to 10 psi - we talked them into replacing that one. Seems like all their coils are JUNK!
    No problems here, but the ICP coils have a 5 year warranty not one.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by rayr
    12 RUT's 7.5, 10 and 15 tonners all 3 yr old and 9 out of the 12 have the same prob as shown. Carrier got a real winner with this acquisition. 15 tonners hold 27 lbs of Green freezone.

i like the oil spot! adds a nice touch!

Post Likes
    Did an install 2 years ago, 5 ICP RTU 3 tons and 4 tons. Had 2 units with no charge both leaking in joints exactly like those pictured. Supplier paid good money for me to fix these units. Their option was to replace them or have me repair them, as there was new grass all around the building they didn't want to replace the units so I fixed them and charged them good for the hassle. Glad to see things haven't changed in the ICP Quality control. LOL
    "Go big or Go Home"

Post Likes
    so, whAT exactly is 'icp' besides some kinda violence oriented band?

Post Likes
    Originally posted by mr hvac41
    Inter City Products
    R2B4BTU

Post Likes
    Originally posted by davidr
    That's because the others just tell them they need a new unit and don't even bother to offer a repair. You can offer a replacement as an option stating that where there's on leak there will be more.
    R2B4BTU

Post Likes
    Originally posted by otto
    Originally posted by mr hvac41
    Inter City Products
    Nope, that changed to "International Comfort Products"... Didn't you get the memo? The original sounded too much like Inner City...

Post Likes
    Look under "Heil-Quaker" thanks to John Mills.

http://www.johnmills.net/work/history.html

Post Likes
    Originally posted by ct_hvac_tech
    I've replaced probably a dozen leaking Temp Star evap coils in the past 18 months, and we dont even sell this brand.

All of them have been cased coils on gas furnaces in tract homes.

All were 2-3 years old.

Even though the coils are under warranty it still costs the homeowners a pretty penny to have them replaced.
    We've been doing so much,for so long,with so little, that now we can do almost anything, with nothing at all.

Post Likes
    OH SHISTA!

ARCOAIRE / COMFORT MAKER UNIT AT MY HOUSE IS ICP! D@RN IT! NO WONDER IT DON'T F-IN COOL WELL! BESIDES THE FACT THAT "SCARE - TRON" INSTALLED IT!

scaretron is my name for a local company in dayton. they umm, sort of kinda attempted to do a half way shoddy job on tossing the units into these cheapo houses! you have to take half the supply plenum apart to even see the coil. good luck cleaning it! they run the lineset out the front and across the door which is hacked to you know where and back (several hundred thousand times) to get the door off, you have to remove about half a roll of various tapes and hundreds of screws. the flue has to be taken off the furnace and you then have to bend the door to get to the coil. these doors also have 's' fittings on them. so you take care of the coil. now, bend to door back down along the crease put the screws back in. if you dont use all of them, the door will fall apart when the fan runs(if it works!) i usually dont foil tape it back unless its a gaping hole cause most of the tape goes on solid metal anyways! now, try to get the flue back on! then you get to find the filter if theres one in it. acess to the unit is fun. we've got the pos's on legs that come out of the side of the house.several of the units just sit there. i guess scaretron thinks the units wont just get up and walk the plank. if the comp tries a hard start from mercury in stat going all over the place and clapping the contactor, you could put a cradle on the thing and ot would rock your baby! THIS IS IN NO WAY ENCOURAGED! IF I FIND YOU TRIED THAT, I WILL FIND YOUR A/C AND TAKE IT AS WELL AS CHARGE THE REST OF THE LINESET WITH WATER AND BRAZE IT SHUT!

Post Likes
    If your house's installation bothers you, fix it or replace it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in