Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    12 RUT's 7.5, 10 and 15 tonners all 3 yr old and 9 out of the 12 have the same prob as shown. Carrier got a real winner with this acquisition. 15 tonners hold 27 lbs of Green freezone.

If you really know how it works, you have an execellent chance of fixin' er up!

Tomorrow is promised to no one...

I fix alot of lennox residential condensors with this problem. Poor weld or to much vibration...something.
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

The distributor told us we were the only ones having that problem.
    Have you set up a Google alert for Carbon Monoxide yet?
    Click here to find out how.

And now that the ICP line of light commercial are Carriers, it will get worse

Anyone have trouble with ICP evaperators? We sell Tempstar, and I swear half the coils we put in have restrictions in them. Had one leak after only 2 years, and coil had a 1 year warranty.................had another 2 year old coil that was so restricted it brought the suction all the way down to 10 psi - we talked them into replacing that one. Seems like all their coils are JUNK!

ct_hvac_tech "Anyone have trouble with ICP evaperators? We sell Tempstar, and I swear half the coils we put in have restrictions in them. Had one leak after only 2 years, and coil had a 1 year warranty.................had another 2 year old coil that was so restricted it brought the suction all the way down to 10 psi - we talked them into replacing that one. Seems like all their coils are JUNK! "

Tempstar (ICP) has a 5 year warranty on all functional parts. That includes coils. You may want to tell the dealer that it has a non repairable leak.

Originally posted by davidr
    The distributor told us we were the only ones having that problem.
    SOP

You're the only ones having a problem.

No we don't have any service bulletins on that particular problem.

The check is in the mail.

We're here to help you. (Inspector General Team)
    Aircraft Mechanical Accessories Technician. The Air Force changed the job title to Air Craft Environmental Systems Technician. But I've decided I'll always be a Mech Acc.

That second pic doesn't look like a factory weld.

That's the way they came cuz I set the units for the cutomer. He bought them and we set the curbs and installed all the duct work. Has been my service account for 12 years so I know no one else has worked on them. But I agree it is pretty shabby looking.
    If you really know how it works, you have an execellent chance of fixin' er up!

Tomorrow is promised to no one...

Originally posted by ct_hvac_tech
    Anyone have trouble with ICP evaperators? We sell Tempstar, and I swear half the coils we put in have restrictions in them. Had one leak after only 2 years, and coil had a 1 year warranty.................had another 2 year old coil that was so restricted it brought the suction all the way down to 10 psi - we talked them into replacing that one. Seems like all their coils are JUNK!
    No problems here, but the ICP coils have a 5 year warranty not one.

Originally posted by rayr
    12 RUT's 7.5, 10 and 15 tonners all 3 yr old and 9 out of the 12 have the same prob as shown. Carrier got a real winner with this acquisition. 15 tonners hold 27 lbs of Green freezone.

i like the oil spot! adds a nice touch!

Did an install 2 years ago, 5 ICP RTU 3 tons and 4 tons. Had 2 units with no charge both leaking in joints exactly like those pictured. Supplier paid good money for me to fix these units. Their option was to replace them or have me repair them, as there was new grass all around the building they didn't want to replace the units so I fixed them and charged them good for the hassle. Glad to see things haven't changed in the ICP Quality control. LOL
    "Go big or Go Home"

so, whAT exactly is 'icp' besides some kinda violence oriented band?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast