Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hockey is back

Hey guy's how many of you are glad hockey is back? I'm one of those guy's who like hockey is there anyone still out there thats going to watch again? I've been asking guy's and they don't seem to excited about the come back I guess there not true fans. What about you guy's??

Hell ya, after watching the Pirates lose all year.
    Anyway, the Pens got that Crosby kid in the draft, we picked up another good player, Mario is healthy and the team is no longer for sale as season tickets are being sold like crazy around here. Plus the NHL is wising up and changing some rules to make it more exciting.
    Hockey is one sport that changes to meet the times, unlike baseball stuck in a time warp and going down the tubes, cept for maybe 6 teams with a big market and lotsa dough, other than them, who cares?
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me!

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Very excited for hockey season, especially with no red line (2 line passes make for an exiting game) and goalies wearing smaller pads. The game was getting boring with all that defense and trap style play, hopefully there will be more scoring,hitting and yes.......FIGHTING! WOOOOOHOOOOO.

Was it gone?
    How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?

I'm anxious to see what the season is like this year. In the past, I've watched more hockey being played on video games. Hopefully these changes will bring in a bigger audience and make it more intresting to watch.

Pens are looking good. My buddy is going crazy over that Crosby kid.

Lots of moves...
    • Khabibulin going to Chicago
    • Forsberg to Philly
    • Roenick in LA
    • Kariya lands in Nashville

Should be interesting. Glad it's back.

Get back to work.

I use to play hooky from school alot, but always got cought.

Originally posted by bigbird
    I use to play hooky from school alot, but always got cought.

Hockey is the best sport to see in person, on TV it can be boring sometimes. Also since so many teams make the playoffs, the reg season can get tiresome as it is pretty long.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me!

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

No Red line is the worst thing since the Glow puck, Bettman is a freaking Moron. soon all fighting will be gone from Hockey. To boot my Bolts lost Habibulin to Chicago...WTF.

Having posted that Ya, thank God hockewy is back....I think?
    If common sense is so common how come so few of us have it!

Originally posted by secorp
    No Red line is the worst thing since the Glow puck, Bettman is a freaking Moron. soon all fighting will be gone from Hockey.
    Bless you, sir. You will be forever imortallized for stating that which so many know as truth but were afraid to say.

But while we're at it, why can't other sports follow suit to increase attendance and excitement...
    1. Dispose of the backboard in basketball. Make'em dribble on astroturf.
    2. 3rd Base? Who needs it? And no warming up the pitchers, either.
    3. Those rediculous posts in football, get rid of them...And yard lines?...This is the Systems International age.Catch up to the rest of the world...meters, my man, meters.
    4. And I'm sure PETA would love to take the horses out of polo (especially the water kind)
    5. Competetive badminton could get a boost from using real birdies...like chickens!
    6. And the new craze of TV poker? Use only the kings and aces of spades! Scrap the rest of the cards.

I think I've lost a relative amount of interest in hockey. A C note for the cheap seats at the ACC to watch the Leafs during regular season...Out of my league. Point is the Big Smoke will never ever have a problem selling out every game to corperates, etc. In the great world of price setting for tickets in Toronto..."Ask(the fans) and thou shalt receive(any stupid number you come up with)."

We'll see what the playoffs bring.
    Is this a Fabreze moment? C.Y.D. I'm voting white elephant. 2.
    My competition are my best salespeople!

I don't like the idea of no red line either. But with a goaltender that can handle the puck, scoring should be on the rise. Bad part is there will probably be fewer hard open ice checks delivered, I'd rather see some hard hitting than goal scoring.

I'm very excited about the up comming season. As a Pens fan, things look very promising. Gonchar and Palfy are nice additions and Patrick isn't done yet, a top shelf goal tender would be nice. Best part is another year of watching #66, the best player I have ever seen. If anyone gets the chance to see him play, I highly recommend it. Just may be his last, especially if Lord Stanley comes to town.

I bet Mike Lange is "smiling like a butchers dog!"

Get in the fast lane Grandma, the bingo game is ready to roll!!!!!
    Not here for a long time, just a good time

XXXXXX

Aint hockey players just the northern version of toothless rednecks????

Talking

Originally posted by mattm
    Aint hockey players just the northern version of toothless rednecks????
    WHAT.????????????????????????

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast