half a frozen coil

I have a 12.5 ton carrier roof top and the lower half of (circuit 1 ) of the evaporator freezes up. Poor temp drop good airflow pressure seem ok 8deg superheat on a low load. Plugged orifice?

Quote Originally Posted by boilerman856 View Post
    I have a 12.5 ton carrier roof top and the lower half of (circuit 1 ) of the evaporator freezes up. Poor temp drop good airflow pressure seem ok 8deg superheat on a low load. Plugged orifice?
    It needs a technician. No DYI

Good luck

and the rest of the story is?

give us something to work with
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

boilerman856 looks like you have been a member for some time. Are you in the trade ?

I am home now so by memory; 67f outdoor ambient, 34%rh, 77f eat cant remember wet bulb. 10 temp split. 150psi high side, 50psi suction.
    And it is only half of one circuit, stage 1.

VTP99, yes i am in the trade but new to forums. Also I have very little experince with large commercial units like this.

VTP99, yes i am in the trade but new to forums. Also I have very little experince with large commercial units like this.
    You should apply for pro. In the pro forums you will get all the help you need. Is the head pressure the same on both circuits ? Sorry i can not help you more because of the site rules.

Yes the pressure in both circuits/stages is very close. I dropped the charge and wieghed in virgin 22. This unit is fairly old and looks like everyone has had a turn. How do I apply for pro? what is the difference?

Get your post count to 15 and then apply. Trust me once your in you will come here all the time for good info.

Thats what I thought about forums, but so far not much luck

might want to take a peek at the drier
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Looks like the compressor and drier was replaced two years ago(aprox). should have swapped it when I recharged it, just ran out of time and thought I could get away with it...

Thats what I thought about forums, but so far not much luck
    There are forums that you can't see as a regular member. Keep posting and apply asap.