I work all afternoon getting this juuuuusssst so.
    I am piping in this outdoor air unit, four circuits.

I have minimum clearance to deal with as well as multiple overhead angles and stuff to factor in.

It had been all decided which routes to take and where to stuff it all in and have it look nice .... (hard drawn, ya know)

I get the last of the sucker together and then I "kick the tires and lite the fires" .... I begin brazing it together.

Well along comes a foreman from the outdoor piping crew and the job site supervisor for our company.

as I'm down on my knee's brazing ... I hear the word; "move it" .... in their conversation.

My hands begin shaking. But I keep on working.

Then I see one of them with a tape measure and talking about walk way clearances and this ductwork to be added behind here and that duct to be added over there ....

Previous to theri arrival, I had visions of taking pictures of this work of art and adding it to Hall of Fame.

To make a long story short ... by the same hour of the next day ... I had it all repiped, differently, and ready to brase .....AGAIN!!!

Dealing with OBJECTIONS is often one of our hardest assignments when we deal with people who direct our work.

I think I came out on top of this one. I didnt complain, I simply made the necessary changes and kept on truckin'.

I imagine many of y'all are like that .... once it's done ... it's DONE! You don't want to have to un-do anything and make it all over again.

Maybe I'll take some pix and send em here...

Im sure you did a wonderful job. Good attitude as well.
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

There is just something about doing things over that we hate, even if we are getting paid to do it.

I encounter more change orders than objections.

Either way you look at it...it's the same thing...and a pain to deal with.
    Get back to work.™

Originally posted by trane
    There is just something about doing things over that we hate, even if we are getting paid to do it.
    That is so true.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Originally posted by R12rules
    I think I came out on top of this one. I didnt complain, I simply made the necessary changes and kept on truckin'.
    You're improving. I'm very impressed.

Good job. Bravo Zulu
    R2B4BTU

I don't know, I kinda like telling them if they move it now it might not ever work again and the warranty will be void and they will be plaqued with the curse of a thousand fleas.

Its not like they couldn't have timed their objections a bit more constructively.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV