Thread: Bruising

Hmm

Do any of you bruise more easily as you getting older? When I was young, I would only bruise with a severe hit. Now I wonder where they come from. Things do get in my way, but I am a little concerned. Roy

It's pretty common to bruise more easily as we get older. When I was on blood thinners just after my heart attack, I would bruise if thought about bumping a part of body.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

It's common to bruise easier with age. I did hear that diabetics would also bruise easier and often go to the doctor concerned about a bruise and only then learn they are diabetic.

Check your sugar, man.
    Is this a Fabreze moment? C.Y.D. I'm voting white elephant. 2’.
    My competition are my best salespeople!

Just mention that you bruise easily to your wife, and it'll serve as evidence, so she has to quit hitting you. Seems simple enough.

Stop pissing off the little woman.

did hear that diabetics would also bruise easier and often go to the doctor concerned about a bruise and only then learn they are diabetic.

Check your sugar

are your shinns brused like you have been running into things? thats one of the symptoms

so is frequent urination--infections--etc....

she must have one heck of a leg lock

This is true

Originally posted by seaboard
    It's common to bruise easier with age. I did hear that diabetics would also bruise easier and often go to the doctor concerned about a bruise and only then learn they are diabetic.
    On meds for diabetes and the easy bruising has gone away.

I brused easy when my wife said shut up and I thought she said stand up.

Hmm brusing

You guys are scaring me. I feel just fine. I do drink alka-seltzer in the morning. It tastes good and has asprin. I guess I will have a blood test soon. Roy

Re: brusing

Originally posted by oroy54
    You guys are scaring me. I feel just fine. I do drink alka-seltzer in the morning. It tastes good and has asprin. I guess I will have a blood test soon. Roy
    Well, if that's what it takes to get your good leg running...

Here's a true story that happened last August.

My sugar is 5 to 5.5. Normal. Friend of mine worked for a wholesaler (Carrier supply house)at the time this happened. He is a known diabetic since childhood. Checks his sugar 2-3 times a day and prods himself in the butt every once in a while. One day he checks it at around 14(way too high) and then out of the blue says "Anyone else want a go?" One of the other wholesaler guys says Okay...Without even thinking about it, pricks himself (That is a whole different story that he shared a needle with the guy..Wife almost killed him...Stupid thing to do!...Really stupid) and does the test...

At 35 years of age and a sugar test of 25 he packed up, went home, told his wife, a geriatric nurse, who drove him to the emergency ward...Doctors said he was a walking dead man. This guy was some overweight, but not that bad, I think around 235lbs and 6'. Finally got his sugar under control and he says he feels great...Funny thing is he said "But I felt great before all this, too"

Point is...He didn't know he had high sugar. Death defying sugar...More sugar than Barbados.

Get it checked.

While you're at it tell'em to do colestoral, prostate & colon as well as anything else that can come up with!

Is this a Fabreze moment? C.Y.D. I'm voting white elephant. 2’.
    My competition are my best salespeople!

Whats he useing...test Range.......85 thru 140 Normal with a meter.
    Refrigeration...Finding the Wright Wrench to pound in the correct..Screw