Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OK here we go. the guy was out again here yesterday he said i got a "twenty" degree split and he said thats all he needs to give me thats the law in florida. house still won't cool below 78 F during the day. His little infrared meter reads that out of most of the vents the air comes out 56 F and only in the other side of the house where bedroom is and masterbath he gets a 69 F reading.

he says all is normal. he insists its not the t ton airhandler thats the problem nor is it mismatched with the 4 ton outside unit. he said the head preassure outside is 265 and thats normal too.

he had exchanged the piston to match.

What i still DONT understand why were we able LAST summer and the summer before to cool the house down to 70-73 F during hot days and now he just tells me its normal u can't cool below 78 F.

Any suggestions? Is he right with all he says? He said there is NOTHING else he can do for me.

Should i now finally get someone out with a 2nd opinion?

When i told him that if I do find out its totally mismatched our his fault that i want him then to take the unit out and refund me the money he smiles and says oh sorry florida has a "buyer be aware" law and he didn't have to do that. So he told me not to even go that way!

Manuela

Hello Jamie, sounds like you may want to search this site for an honest person in your area and /or have another person check the unit. Also how is the airflow at the vents with higher temps is it the same as all others or extremely slow? low airflow may be some of your problem but that isgoing out on a limb with that thought.

what do you mean by low airflow? when i climb on a chair and put my hands in front of vents a lot of cold air comes out it seems. yes, i called a company already someone in here recommended and they are right here in my area.
    so we will see what they say
    thanks for answerin me

Does all vent blow withsame amount of force?

Originally posted by jamierenae
    [B"twenty" degree split and he said thats all he needs to give me thats the law in florida.
    Manuela [/B]
    Is this really true?
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

well? is it?

20 degree between inside house and out, or across coil?

Been lots of calls here lately about a/c not working in record heat. A/cs will not maintain temp when the temps get above design, period. Nothing wrong with unit in that case.

Could be some other problem, but can't tell from here. If problem persists when weather cools, definately unit problem.
    Col 3:23

questions asked, answers received, ignorance abated

thing is at night i dont have the problem! house cools easy down to 73/72 F!

Originally posted by jamierenae
    OK here we go. the guy was out again here yesterday he said i got a "twenty" degree split and he said thats all he needs to give me thats the law in florida. house still won't cool below 78 F during the day. His little infrared meter reads that out of most of the vents the air comes out 56 F and only in the other side of the house where bedroom is and masterbath he gets a 69 F reading.

he says all is normal. he insists its not the t ton airhandler thats the problem nor is it mismatched with the 4 ton outside unit. he said the head preassure outside is 265 and thats normal too.

he had exchanged the piston to match.

What i still DONT understand why were we able LAST summer and the summer before to cool the house down to 70-73 F during hot days and now he just tells me its normal u can't cool below 78 F.

Any suggestions? Is he right with all he says? He said there is NOTHING else he can do for me.

Should i now finally get someone out with a 2nd opinion?

When i told him that if I do find out its totally mismatched our his fault that i want him then to take the unit out and refund me the money he smiles and says oh sorry florida has a "buyer be aware" law and he didn't have to do that. So he told me not to even go that way!
    Manuela
    I take it this is a new equipment install job. I did not see your initial post. How do the old and new equipment tonnages compare?

I wouldn't have him take it out even if you could force him to do so. That is not usually a profitable way for you to go.

Am I correct that he installed a 5-ton airhandler and a 4-ton condenser (only) matching the piston? Did he install a matching evaporator coil? Provide all the information you can.

We have no idea how the unit is performing with that little diagnostic information.

Before you pay a tech to check everything out, including making sure the duct system is thoroughly sealed.
    Ask him what all he checks and insist on a diagnostic sheet with all the test results on it and what each result means.

There could be problems in the refrigerant system or and/or airflow/duct leaks or all three.

Buy a humidity gauge so you know what percent relative humidity you are dealing with in your home.

Do a lot of reading so you know what to ask of the tech.

http://www.udarrell.com/aircondition...e-airflow.html

http://www.udarrell.com/ac-trouble-shooting-chart.html

jamierenae, go to outdoor unit and look at the coils , are they dirty and stopped up with grass? If so, you condenser can not take the heat off the refrigerant and will run all day and have hard time keeping up.

Clean filter
    Clean Condenser
    proper airflow inside
    proper airflow outside

The rest you need to have a professional check the system, remember this is like any other item ,it requires proper maintenance.
    "Everyday above ground, is a good day".
    "But everyday that you have made a difference in someones life, may insure you stay above ground a little longer".<aircooled>

if you have a duct off inside attic you could possibly get same results or even a dirty condenser

Jamie go back to my first reply in your first post. You are asking the same questions over and over and not paying attention to the relevant replies. You are again getting replies from people that are just throwing out answers with out any information to work with.

We appreciate your keeping us informed but without relevant data any replies are just guesses. Ill informed replies are just going to confuse you even more. When the company representative from the recommended company comes out ask him or her to provide written values we have asked for in first post. With that information we can verify the diagnosis. Better yet invite them to come here and explain what is found.

If unit keeps up after sundown is it actually shutting down? What was the outdoor temp when unit could achieve 73 degrees? Could be unit is being asked to maintain temps outside design values. If it is 100 outdoor don't look for temps below 80 it is just not going to happen unless system was specificaly designed for that or is vastly oversized.
    "Go big or Go Home"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast