Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

More Fieldpiece Test Instrument Questions?

Hey Guy's in my previous post I stated that I'm in love with the new products that fieldpiece has out there! I have a question about to test instruments that I'm saving up to get! 1) The SMAN3: If I purchase this do I still need to get a micron gauge when I'm pulling a vacuum on a 410A unit? 2) I'm looking at the new HVAC GUIDE and would like to know will this be a good purchase along with the SMAN3? And how would they compliment each other in the field? I almost have my money together and want to make sure I'm not over killing myself with these tools!

Thanks!

Well as for the SMAN3 has a built in micron gauge so I would say no but some of the guys can chime in that have been using them for a bit...mine is still 5 weeks away (
    You're Only As Good As Your Last Service Call or Install.....Make it Count!

What about the HVAC Guide? Do you have any info on that?

take a look at the asx14,stand alone

Quote Originally Posted by cmp240 View Post
    take a look at the asx14,stand alone
    Thats not a stand alone piece its a accessory head.

Quote Originally Posted by cook42 View Post
    What about the HVAC Guide? Do you have any info on that?
    No sorry I don't if you do a quick search on HG2 or HG3 there is some threads in regards to that unit.

Youre right whats the # of the stand alone?saw one on e-bay I might get,brand new,lot cheaper than dealer

Its the ssx34,and the guy on e-bay raised his price,I believe

Hey Guy's in my previous post I stated that I'm in love with the new products that fieldpiece has out there! I have a question about to test instruments that I'm saving up to get! 1) The SMAN3: If I purchase this do I still need to get a micron gauge when I'm pulling a vacuum on a 410A unit? 2) I'm looking at the new HVAC GUIDE and would like to know will this be a good purchase along with the SMAN3? And how would they compliment each other in the field? I almost have my money together and want to make sure I'm not over killing myself with these tools!

Thanks!
    While the HG2/3 do have some overlapping features, they aren't really replacements for each other.

The SMAN3 is something that you would probably want to use on most jobs, just like your normal manifold set. The difference from a traditional manifold set that you will be able to quickly see a simultaneous superheat and subcooling reading and also more easily see your line pressures and temps. When dialing in a charge, you can also monitor both superheat and subcooling to give you a better picture of how everything is working.

The HG2/3 is for more thorough diagnosis. In addition to SH and SC, both HG2/3 have a target evaporator exit temp (delta T) which can help you diagnose airflow problems and also have the CheckMe! test which takes a broader look at a system and can diagnose more problems than just airflow or charge separately. The CheckMe! analysis will display the potential problems with the system in order of likelihood.

The main difference with the HG3 vs the HG2 is that it can monitor all the measurements wirelessly. Systems air conditioners and the environments they operate in are dynamic, a great application for this would be to monitor the wet bulb temperature going into the evaporator on the inside for your target superheat while you stand outside by the condenser and charge the unit. The HG3 can also simultaneously data log up to 13 measurements in case you want to see what's going on with a system over time. The HG3 also has a built in CFM function that you can use for air balancing.

Both HG2 and HG3 can save all the data and diagnosis for you and lets you download everything onto an excel spreadsheet for analysis and gives you the option to print out a diagnosis so you can keep track of a system over time or use it to show your customer what's going on with their system. (wow one sentence!)

In summary, SMAN3 is for daily use and quick charge indications. The HG2/3 makes deeper analysis and diagnosis real easy.

Sorry for being so long winded! I hope this helps! Let me know if I can help in any other way.

Full disclosure, I'm from Fieldpiece.

Travis

So again with the SMAN3 I need Not to buy a micron gauge? And The HVAC Guide is good for doing thru checks on a system? I guess both will work good together huh?

Quote Originally Posted by cmp240 View Post
    Its the ssx34,and the guy on e-bay raised his price,I believe
    The SSX34 is not a micron gauge.

So again with the SMAN3 I need Not to buy a micron gauge? And The HVAC Guide is good for doing thru checks on a system? I guess both will work good together huh?
    Correct and YES

Quote Originally Posted by Roadhouse View Post
    The SSX34 is not a micron gauge.
    The SVG2 is our stand alone Micron Guage. It runs about $149.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast