+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Driving Record

Post Likes
    Hello all,

I am an HVAC student who is about to graduate and I need some advice on something. I was just hired by Hussmann refrigeration. Today I went to fill out some paperwork and they asked me to stop by the local DMV and get my driving record printed out so I could fax it to them.

I was surprised when I got to the DMV, I wasn't aware that I had so many things on my driving record. I have two seat belt tickets, one driving without proof of insurance ticket, and one ticket for throwing a cigarette out the window. While none of these tickets are moving violations, I am concerned that they will change the minds of the good folks at Hussmann about hiring me.

Please tell me if I am being overly worried about this or if my concerns are justified.

Thank you,
    Jedediah

Post Likes
    You should be OK. Mostly they're looking to see if you're insurable. The seat belt tickets may be a small problem, start wearing them at all times. No DWI history is what they want to see. As for the butts, stop now before it's too late.
    R2B4BTU

Post Likes
    I have never heard of this. Most of the time the companies insurace company will run a report on you. Sounds like you have a lot of cops in your town with nothing to do.

Post Likes
    I quit smoking last year and because of the tickets I get so paranoid about driving nowadays that I don't go over the speed limit and I always wear my seat belt.

Post Likes
    You guys are cop magnets.

20 years in commercial vehicles.

No accidents.

1 speeding ticket, 41 in a 30, going to a call for a rooftop unit on fire at a supermarket in another town. Rolled right on through a speed trap.

Cop knew about the fire. I was on the phone with the fire chief in command of the scene when I got stopped. Handed the cell phone to the cop, he didn't care.

Post Likes
    you guys have it all wrong. Its not that the cops have nothingbetter to do , we are talking about revenue for the City-county -state-courts-

shoot out here in cali you get a fine for the ticket and then the court costs and other surcharges are about double what the fine is. BTW seat belt tickets are moving violations

Post Likes
    No, I have checked and double checked. The seatbelts are not moving violations.

Post Likes
    how many years back do most employeers go for your driveing record?

Post Likes
    Originally posted by condenseddave
    1 speeding ticket, 41 in a 30, going to a call for a rooftop unit on fire at a supermarket in another town. Rolled right on through a speed trap.

Cop knew about the fire. I was on the phone with the fire chief in command of the scene when I got stopped. Handed the cell phone to the cop, he didn't care.
    That's kinda messed up. Did you try to fight it? I guess he thought the fire wasn't that big of a deal.
    Get back to work.™

Post Likes
    Originally posted by doglips
    how many years back do most employeers go for your driveing record?
    7-10 years for a DUI. Too many moving violations can do you in also.

Here we have to have the potential employee get the driving record until they're hired. Then they can sign a form allowing us or our insurance carrier to pull the record electronically thereafter.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by square2round
    Originally posted by condenseddave

That's kinda messed up. Did you try to fight it? I guess he thought the fire wasn't that big of a deal.
    Nope. I figured it wasn't worth the time to go 60 miles for a court date for 110 ticket.

Just paid it and moved on...

Post Likes
    What an arsehole
    R2B4BTU

Post Likes
    Originally posted by outside rep
    you wana here this I just got a parking ticket infront of my house private street and everything neighbor is

Dauphin Cty Attorney and is on the local review board for Lower Paxton so I shouldnt have to pay from what he say

I GOT A F ING PARKING TICKET IN FRONT OF MY OWN HOUSE FOR PARKING BACKWARDS ON A PRIVAT STREET AND EVERYONE ONE WONDERS WHY I HATE COPS AND LOVE

GRAND THEFT AUTO San Andreas and Vice City

Kill as many cops and everyone else and no damnm tickets

fricknen bastards I am PISSSSSED

As you can tell
    ================================================== ========

Rep, you really shouldn't hold your emotions in like that. Just let it all hang out...we're all friends here.

No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

Post Likes
    I learned the hard way.

"because you thought I had doughnuts in the car?"

Is the wrong answer to:

"Do you know why I pulled you over?"

Post Likes
    It is illegal to park the wrong way on a street. I've never heard of anyone getting a ticket for it though.

Post Likes
    A Vermont State trooper stopped me for speeding-dead to rights. 65 in a 50. He ran my license through the computer. It was clean- no marks.

He came back to my truck and asked,"Mr. Albert were you ever a veteran?" I said, "Yes I was."

He went back to his squad car. He returned with a ticket in his hand. He said,"This is a written warning. There is no marks or fines. But if you get stopped within 6 months then you get charged for this offense also."

How cool is that?

I'm the old guy that is going 25 mph in front of you.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by outside rep
    . I had a dozen donuts when he pulled me over when he left I had none (He took them all for exchange for no ticket-fine by me)

No BS very true
    That is funny. Maybe we all should carry around little pads of gift certificates from Dunkin Donuts. When the cop stops you say, "Hey I'm glad you pulled me over. I was looking for a cop to give this free gift certificate to."

Kinda like adult "Trick or Treat!"

Post Likes
    Originally posted by thehumid1
    I learned the hard way.

"because you thought I had doughnuts in the car?"

Is the wrong answer to:

"Do you know why I pulled you over?"
    Had a friend who answered the question with "no I don't know, but I guess you are going to tell me."
    Old snipes don't die they just loose their steam

Post Likes
    Sorry I was speeding officer but I reached over to get my bag of crack and my gun fell out of my holster and got lodged in-between the brake and gas pedal forcing me to speed out of control. There's no need to search the trunk!
    73% of Americans say that illegal immigration is a problem. The other 27% say, "No habla inglis!"

Post Likes

Smile outside rep

You have to be kidding me! Are you wound up tighter than a bow string? If you are you came to the right place. These guys are no dummy's. They all have hearts of gold. Hey rep, I see a lot of anger. Cool down. You have alot going for you. If my wife saw me angry all the time she would launch my ass! Chill rep we are here. Roy

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in