Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    it dosnt realy mater what the price is. it s what he has to charge to make it worth his time. i dont think your a/c has a cash problem. thay rarely do.

Julz,
    I most certainly did see your post from a "profressional member" made me think you had some axe to grind, perhaps to other women, you might feel are all stupid. I'm a professional engineer, obviously not trained in this arena but no idiot. I would like to be treated by you with some respect. Yes I did come to this board for DIY, if anyone would seriously like to help me my email is Forum Rules or is that illegal too?????? YES
    Mary Ann

[Edited by lusker on 08-05-2005 at 08:14 AM]

Originally posted by mgerberick
    Julz,
    I most certainly did see your post from a "profressional member" made me think you had some axe to grind, perhaps to other women, you might feel are all stupid. I'm a professional engineer, obviously not trained in this arena but no idiot. I would like to be treated by you with some respect. Yes I did come to this board for DIY, if anyone would seriously like to help me my email is XXXXXXXXXXXX or is that illegal too??????
    Mary Ann
    Yes, posting e-mail addresses is also against the site's rules.

Go here and read them.

It wasn't my post as a 'professional member' that you were to look at... it was the one by the other professional member telling you "Jultzya gave you the best advice".

I didn't treat you any differently then any other poster. I didn't know you were a women till you brought it up. I was being nice to you... till you told me to 'bite me'!

FYI, this thread has been forwarded to the powers that be... for 3 pricing issues, 1 address issue, and 1 'bit me' issue... so, we'll see what happens.

Have a nice day!

Mary Ann maybe your breaker tripped and he just reset the damn thing. If he was there for just 15 minutes.

Was your thermostat not working before this? Did you fiddle with your thermostat and mess it up?

Reset the circuit breaker as I'm sure you have and call for cool again, if not relax and wait for the new tech to come.

$50 for a quick visit is awfully cheap, I know tech friends that charge that much when its something simple like a tripped breaker.

i just refreshed my self on the rules of the site
    no diy
    no priceing
    if you are clearly doing 65 in a 25 do you argue with the cop that pulles you over.

You didn't give any advice that wasn't condescending, I think the name "mary ann" was pretty obvious as towards my gender if you read my first post. If you didn't then you jumped in janey go lucky and thought you'd make a mark. Your advice has been non helpful, to know I need someone to come out and that be the installer vs. some fly by night guy I think thats been established. Send this thread to whoever you want, I at the same time am doing the same thing. You're a horrible, abrasive person I hope not to run into again.
    Mary Ann

Originally posted by rasmussen6880
    if you are clearly doing 65 in a 25 do you argue with the cop that pulles you over.
    No, there are ways for women to get out of them tickets.

Oh...did I just say that?

(figured I'd lighten the subject)

Ras,
    Yes I do, I got caught 80 in a 45 and court threw it out, I'm not one to follow traditional rules. I'm one to think beyond the "box". Any beyond the box thinkers might want to help me out, send email please. Thanks.
    Mary Ann

I think the name "mary ann" was pretty obvious as towards my gender if you read my first post.
    Well, I just looked back and did see it in previous posts... I didn't really bother with whether it was a guy or gal... I give the advice based on the information provided. I'm not prejudice towards one or the other.

You're a horrible, abrasive person I hope not to run into again.
    Mary Ann
    Sorry you feel that way. There are many here that would dis-agree with your opinion of me. And if you actually met me... you would have a different opinion yourself.

I'm really quite a nice guy. But, I am a TECHNICAL guy... so not following rules and then telling me to 'bite me', got me fired up just a little.

BTW, if I didn't think you were a nice person... I wouldn't still be posting to you to solve this conflict.

but do you think the cop was wrong to pull you over? julz was showing you respect untill you started bashing him cant say i blame him for being a little cross with you .

Julz,
    You must be one of those geeky guys, so uptight you couldn't pull a needle out of your ass. Yes rules are rules, I work for the military and know them well but also have learned creatively throughout the years to get by red tape. Those that support red tape and can't think outside the box are extremely annoying and actually not very common sense people, not to say they aren't intelligent, actually thats the problem! I can just say get over the infractions, I meant no harm I came here for help. I've gotten some, and thanks to all who helped. A/C still not operating so I'm still not a happy camper. Sorry about the "bite me", well unless you're 6"+ and nice looking
    Mary Ann

Mary Ann,

Please read this post. Then you will maybe understand why there are rules as to not helping DIY.

It's not only to protect HVAC Companies, HVAC owners, it is also to protect HVAC-TALK.

I hope that thread sheds some light on why we are not quick to hand out DIY instructions to fixing your own equipment.

Sorry about the "bite me", well unless you're 6"+ and nice looking
    Mary Ann
    Well, there is one that frequents the site that could very well verify your request!

And can also verify that I'm not the box thinker you think I am.

It's all water under the bridge.
    (I might just e-mail you) LOL

Where are you, I might make a 'EMERGENCY CALL'.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast