Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    First, it's against the site's rules to post pricing.

Second, running the unit non-stop is not going to keep it from freezing!

There is a more serious issue than a simple service call. Get a competent company out to diagnose and fix the real issue that the system has.

thats about the right cost on that repair. how old is the air handler. is there a warrenty?

Oh Yes that I know, that guy was looking for some business and on the worksheet where he wrote what was wrong, I had stated to him do not order parts, do not do anything, this still could be under warranty (of note: I couldn't get the company that installed to come out for a week, he came out that night and it was running). Yes with out any doubt this guy was shady, but my question still is, can I some how reset my ac like he did????????????? I have I think the installer company coming out tomorrow I'm not sure I canceled the appt from yesterday cause all was fine, now its not, ugg...what a pain in the ass!

Forgot to mention on the worksheet when I said possible warranty, he scratched out any hint of an estimate.

Julz,
    Well bite me, I'm only trying to get some help, if quoting some damn prices helps well then thats help....so bar me from this board.

I don't think that is the problem long run, obviously because its been cycling for the past week. It happened again when it refroze, we've had it on too low a temp and its been taxed without a doubt.

sounds like a scam becarefull.

You should have had the original company out on this anyway. They are the ones that installed it and should stand behind their products.

However, if the other guy messed something up... then that is on you. Then you can go after the other guy for screwing it up.

Thing that gets me is that you thought the guy was shady and was only their for a short time.

You told him not to order the parts or fix the unit... but you cancel the service call with the original installing company???????????????

Sorry, but that wasn't to smart.

Julz,
    You're about to irritate my last source here. You are non helpful and you and inflamatory. I could not get my installing company to come out for one week, the shady guy I got to come out that night, costs $Pricing Rules (OH MY I GUESS I GET BANNED),(YES, YOU WILL) he gets it running, I look over worksheet and scratched out estimate, we runing the ac fine and its cycling which he said it wouldn't, so I canceled the service calll from the installer, which should have been today! I called them tonite, they should have someone out tomorrow. This is annoying, I'm just trying to find a way to reset my ac like that shady guy did that night! Ugg please you don't respond back to me you are less than helpful but rather getting on my last nerve.
    Mary Ann

[Edited by lusker on 08-05-2005 at 08:12 AM]

Originally posted by mgerberick
    Julz,
    Well bite me, I'm only trying to get some help, if quoting some damn prices helps well then thats help....so bar me from this board.
    I see you don't like to play by the rules... BTW they are NOT my rules... and they are there for a REASON!

I tried to give you quality advice... but for you to tell me to 'bite me'... you can go piss off!

As far as 'bar you from the board', that is not in my power. But, I do know of channels to make that very thing happen.

Another bozo goes in the bozo bin!

there is a lot of things the tech could have done. cant realy say what to do with out looking at the whole system. prognosis with out diagnosis will allways lead to malpractice. so said my doctor.

Can anyone help me with who to send an email to on hostile responses? I don't care one hill of beans if I've inadverently broken any rules. Julz is one nasty person and I want to make that known.
    Mary Ann

julz is right. posting prices is unfair to the contractor doing the work. ultamatley he is most likely just trying to make a living. some of us do it beter than others that cut corners for the quick buck.

Originally posted by mgerberick
    Julz,
    You're about to irritate my last source here. You are non helpful and you and inflamatory. I could not get my installing company to come out for one week, the shady guy I got to come out that night, costs $XX (OH MY I GUESS I GET BANNED), he gets it running, I look over worksheet and scratched out estimate, we runing the ac fine and its cycling which he said it wouldn't, so I canceled the service calll from the installer, which should have been today! I called them tonite, they should have someone out tomorrow. This is annoying, I'm just trying to find a way to reset my ac like that shady guy did that night! Ugg please you don't respond back to me you are less than helpful but rather getting on my last nerve.
    Mary Ann
    Did you not see this post from another PROFESSIONAL MEMBER???

Originally posted by rasmussen6880
    Originally posted by jultzya
    From the description you gave from the tech that was at your residence... you better seek another company!
    this is the best advice you will get. lots of companys have 24hr. service if you cant wait till tomorow.
    Seems he thinks I gave you some good advice.

But, beings you come here for 'step by step' instruction. This site is not for DIY. Sorry for your situation, but the rules are rules...and they are here to protect us from liability!

(we can't help DIY, due to site rules )

BTW, I just read your post after looking this post over... don't worry... it is being forwarded as you are reading this reply!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast