Any one familiar with the motor bracket for Trane AHU that sort of embraces both sides of the motor at the bearings, with the bearing ends sitting in a "cap" like indention, and the bracket on the opposite end of the squirrel cage side, attaches to the housing? I am replacing a motor in an AHU that previously had 1 HP in it that was oversized for the unit. When I put the new 3/4 hp motor that is called for, the brackets fit around the motor, but the motor has "play" inside the bracket. I'm concerned that when the motor starts up, that the torque of the motor will cause the motor to spin and damage the wiring, etc. As far as I know, the bracket is not missing a part, unless it happened before I got there. When I ordered the motor, the supply house people could not identify the exact model number that I gave them. ( There was a couple of letters that didn't match up with their computer ( like a "B" instead of an "8", which I guess could have got rubbed off over the years. I'm hoping that I've got the right motor. I wonder if anyone can make sense of what I'm trying to say,if you could help me. Thanks a lot

better get the exact motor or get a different bracket. torque of 3/4 hp motor will tear things up FAST if not locked in tight.

get one of those woodworking clamps to squeeze it while you put the screws to it or buy a new belly band type. luck dan

were there four silver rings that came in the motor box.
    the are spacers to make up the differance. should be instructions on how they work. or get the correct motor

Look at the motor label for the correct frame size.

It will start with FR followed by usually two numbers and a letter, example, FR 48Y.

Hope this helps.
    We've been doing so much,for so long,with so little, that now we can do almost anything, with nothing at all.

Just for a follow up, I found out what was missing was the rubber bushings for the end caps of the bracket. These are what keeps the motor from moving. The motor that was taken off was a different brand motor, and the bushings would not work on the new motor. The original motor had been discarded with the bushings Thanks for the help anyway. I've got the bushings on order...