Thread: R410 pressures

R410 pressures

The customer's unit would not cool less than 75*.I ran into a 14 SEER goodman with a clogged drain line frozen coil, and ice at the TXV. I cleared the line, defrosted the coil, and cleaned the condenser coil only to find a high Condenser pressure and low suction pressure. It was about 85 degrees out. I got 330PSIG (105*) and 110PSIG(37*) I found the super heat and subcool very high because both lines where at around 75. I managed to get the indoor temp drop to 17* but I did not want to add R410 for fear of jacking up the pressure to high. I thought the TXV or bad air flow could be responsible for these pressures I am still brainstorming on what actually was going on.

I dont have much experience with 410A but the pressures that you listed seem to be pretty good for the outdoor temp. What was the sub cooling on the unit? The superheat is high you may need to adjust the txv. How long did the unit run after you cleaned the coils?

Mr Dude, need to get your post count past 15 and apply for pro membership. This is the kind of discussion we like to have in the pro tech forum, not the public section.

Ok Mr Loonie.Ill go ahead and do that. Thank you.