+ Reply to Thread

Thread: #%$@! space problem

Post Likes
    H/O wants a humidifier and only possible option that I can find is a Humid-a-mist. The problem is I have never installed on of these and know nothing about its problems or lack thereof. Any one out there with experience on these that can help me out? Please?

Post Likes

humid-a-mist

Does anyone have any experience with this?

Post Likes
    If it sprays through a nozzle directly into the air stream, then I dont recomend it. I have seen them cause more harm then good and they become clogged easily.

Post Likes
    i agree w/ coolwhip on the misting types.

i don't know if this will help, but skuttle makes a flow-through under duct mounted type. i've never installed one and have only encountered one.

there used to be a skuttle rep on here, try a search maybe you can find him.

Post Likes

humidifier

Yes, I was refering to a nozzle induced misting spray. This is a counterflow furnace in a closet configuration and I just dont have room for anything else. Anybody out there have any other suggestions? For the humidifier I mean!

Post Likes
    did one, took out a few days later.

Maybe a central humidifier, wall mounted. Aprilaire makes one. Goes in closet or in basement space, can be ducted or has a supply grill on end of unit through wall.
    Col 3:23

questions asked, answers received, ignorance abated

Post Likes
    we use the mister type humidifiers on counterflow systems around here. one town of mostly slab houses with concrete pit for plenumn. would not use on metal duct in crawl space. usually add extension pipe after solenoid valve to get nozzle down below a/c coil. nozzles usually last at least one season.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in