Post Likes

condensate problem

Hello everyone... I have a 3 ton Carrier infinity heat pump system with electric heat backup. it is upflow. water is leaking into the return box. i believe i tried everything i can think of and im out of ideas. Hoping someone can see a different angle. i checked for a cracked pan, deeper trap, pitch, checked supply and return for restriction (all good), taped factory filter door.... its a variable speed air handler so i dont believe airflow is an issue... i have (2) 8 x 10 returns and an 8 x 24 return, i have (5) 8" supplies, (1) 7" supply and (2) 6" supplies. control tells me static pressure is .3 @ 1085cfm... supply duct is 8 x 22 return is 8 x 28... can anyone see anything im not from this... im hoping for some more thoughts and opinions.... a fresh perspective.... thank you!

Post Likes
    Have you made sure the condensate drain isn't clogged between the trap and outlet?

Post Likes
    yes, the system is brand new... the pump actually filled twice and ejected. drain was installed new yesterday. after the second ejection, water leaked in the box...

Post Likes
    The beat thing to do would be to let the installer fix your problem ! In the mean time try a "T" @ the outlet of the "p" trap anti siphon vent .

Post Likes
    there is a "tee" at the outlet of the trap...

Post Likes
    by pitch take it you mean from the pan to the pump? maybe the pan isn't level (IE: some water stands in a portion in the back and after a while accumulates enough to overflow the pan) But since its a new install I'd get the company that installed it to fix it and it shouldn't cost you a dime.

Post Likes
    Is the PVC pipe shoved into the pump to far/ 1/2 inch from the top should be good
    GOOD WORK IS NOT CHEAP! AND CHEAP WORK IS NOT GOOD!

IF YOU THINK A GOOD HVAC COMPANY IS EXPENSIVE. THEN YOU SHOULD TRY A BAD ONE.

Post Likes
    Duct work sounds small for 3 tons. Do an actual static test(use a manometer), instead of just reading the controller.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?