Thread: TCS Basys

Does anyone have any experience with TCS Basys. I do alot of work out in the field with JCI and CCN but I haven't come across TCS Basys.

The reason I ask is that we have 15 or 20 TCS stats in our Church (all stand alone) and I'm thinking about networking them and getting a QD2040 embedded webserver to access them.

I haven't come across them out in the field so I'm not sure if it's worth the investment. Does anyone have any advice? Thanks for the help.
    MMc

This is going to be like any other thread but Ill go first.

I hate them, they are overpriced junk, you could put UNTs on your units for cheaper than purchasing those stats, also the stats have I high failure rate, I thought I was the only one but at a recent control training class we found another company that uses them alot, we asked them about failure rates because of the rates we have seen and they said they fun 30%+ failure rate.

Of course we have a couple of jobs where we have had only 4 or 5 failures over a course of 5 years on 18 units total, some jobs a little less, but wait til everyone else posts their opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    very soon it is you that will be pwned

If you already have the stats, might as well run some comm wire and hook it up . Software is called "revelation", and is pretty stable.

Joey is right, they are a poor man's bms, but since they're existing, why not. I haven't had a stat fail yet ( I've just cursed myself dammit)

I've got lots of accounts with tcs and they're fairly reliable except for their sensors which fall out of calibration frequently.
    I work with the Chiller Whisperer...

If they are already there use them , REVELATION software is around $400.00 list $. The EMBEDDED 2040 is available in 2 versions REGULAR and ADVANCED and neither 1 has a $ in the latest $ book, have to call the factory for $ing however based on the QD2020 site communicators list $ would be in the $2,300.00 + range.

FAILURE rates on the TCS I have sold / installed are next to nothing, as for their sensors I finished a service inspection on a 14 year old system that is all TCS sensors 2 out of 147 needed recalibration after all that time.

[Edited by Control Man on 08-04-2005 at 12:11 PM]

Thanks fellas for the comments. But now I have to ask about the Rev Pro software vs. the QD2040 embedded webserver. Isn't the Rev Pro software DOS based? Is it CLUI or is it graphics? I appreciate the help.

P.S. We've had the stats installed for about 4 yrs. and we haven't had any failures yet . . . knock on wood . . .
    MMc

REV PRO software is with the QD 2020 series site communicator the UBIQUITY software is for the QD 2040 .

They have a new version of UBIQUITY ( more graphical ) coming out shortly and there is a demo on their website on how it works.