Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Okay quick history before the pics. This house is in the fair park area of Dallas (not the best neighborhood to say the least. I get a call from the GC on this new house that I had already had the copper stolen out of the wall before condenser set on a new construction house. Today he tells me that condenser coil had been stolen. I drive up and here is what I find.

Okay, they made off with the condenser coil how they got it out of the cage will never cease to amaze me. They did leave me a new set of pliers though.

If we didn't do this what would we do for fun?

Sorry the subject should've read,

I would've given you two dollars

O.M.G. I have never in my life even though of something like that
    wow that just amazes me

That's messed up. I don't think I'd want to work in a neighborhood in which that kind of thing happens. I've never seen such a contraption to protect a unit. Somebody worked twice as hard as they'd have to at a real job.

I would have never guessed someone would go to that much work for a coil. Just wondering, why would they want a new home is the kind of place?

Senior Tech Guest
    Seems like alot of work for a 40 ounce...

Cocaine is a helluva drug

Least he left you some nice parts to stock your truck with.

lmao I have a few pics I need to take of a RTU that is fairly new that sits off of Malcom X blvd and Kiest that has had similar happen. I gotta go down there to visit my favorite customer and will see if I can pull over long enough to grab a shot or 2. I would give them an "A" for creativity. Gotta have some sort of head on your shoulders to work that puzzle and not leave much for scraps.

LOL, wouldnt it been easier just to cut the lines and take the whole damn unit.

Amazing what crack does to your head Hey!

Never seen that before! wow...

At least they pinched the copper lines on the compressor!

If I came and saw that **** I'd be sitting down at the recycler waiting for them crack heads to show up.

Not just bust them. But embaress them really good. Then kick their a$$!

I don't think it's even THAT bad here in the south Phoenix area.

Except for maybe THIS job where they had to lock the equipment up on top of a roof that needs a 32 foot ladder if you don't use the suicide ladder...

Or this church job here...

Remember, them were 10 ton units trying to breath in here!

Them crack heads cause owners to do strange things to protect their equipment. In turn makes it more difficult for us AND the units to operate!

Seaboard,
    I actually do alot of work in these neighborhoods. Not really that bad till the sun goes down. You really have not ever seen a cage on a condenser? Most of the time the cages work pretty well, but as you can see they are not perfect.

Trane,
    One of my best customers is putting these houses up as fast as he can buy the lots. He uses them as Section 8 rental properties. Has a heck of a deal worked out on them (lumber,decking, and roofing package for like $5000). They are rented just about as fast as we can finnish them.

Steamer,
    Just cutting the lines is only half the problem. The cage on top is concreted in like 16" on all 4 corners, and the cage has no access. We are going to have to cut it in order to replace the condenser, then have them come and weld the cage back in place.

Mayguy,
    The only reason it looks like the lines are pinched is because they had to bend it back and forth to break it off.
    They couldn't get the suction line off because no way to cut it. The only reason the compressor was left was because they couldn't get it loose from the base in order to get it out between the rungs.

I have had condensers stolen before, but never like this to say the least

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast