Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Frown

It happen this past weekend. I gave up trying to find it today. Called and cancelled the credit cards. No Drivers licence either. The wife and I were planning a trip to Corpus Christi this weekend to go tour the USS Lexington Carrier. Oh well, I guess I'll carry cash and let her drive. Dang! Roy

I use that excuse all the time,Wife drives & WIFE pays.

Originally posted by oroy54
    It happen this past weekend. I gave up trying to find it today. Called and cancelled the credit cards. No Drivers licence either. The wife and I were planning a trip to Corpus Christi this weekend to go tour the USS Lexington Carrier. Oh well, I guess I'll carry cash and let her drive. Dang! Roy
    My mother, rest her soul, had an old Irish supersition about lost articles. You say a prayer to Saint Anthony.
    "Something is lost and can't be found.
    Please Saint Anthony come around."
    Then when the article turns up you have to buy food for the poor.

This works!!! I tell this to people of any religion and they try it and it works for them. I don't know what happens if you renig on the deal of buying food. I guess you get struck by lightning of something.

Anyway it would sure beat having your wife drive all that way.

benn, dontcha be leading me on here. Be a good lad and tell me there's irish blood coursing through yer veins. otherwise i'd be wondering hows come yer Mum would be referring to an old irish saying.
    Everyone has a purpose in life..........even if it's to be a bad example.

Seek first to understand, before seeking to be understood.

Talking

[QUOTE]Originally posted by oroy54
    It happen this past weekend. I gave up trying to find it today. Called and cancelled the credit cards. No Drivers licence either. The wife and I were planning a trip to Corpus Christi this weekend to go tour the USS Lexington Carrier. Oh well, I guess I'll carry cash and let her drive. Dang! Roy [/QUOT

Your wife has the wallet. She probably didnt want to
    go see the Carrier

And do you sit in the back seat and tell her how to drive

I'd try the St Anthony prayer, while she drives

You will find it within 4 days.

In my younger days(hundred years ago) i was riding harlys,
    my greasy levi`s,black leather jacket with eagle on it`s back.I was tunning it up then riding it around block a few times to check it out.Last trip around block i saw a wallet in gutter,picked it up ,raced home to see how much money i found,it was my wallet,must of poppped out of back pocket.
    NO MONEY.

your wife must have beat you to it
    www.vetopropac.com - The best tool bags on the market - The offical tool bag of choice by techs everywhere

Arguing with some people is like wrestling a pig - eventually you realise the pig actually enjoys it

Gonads serve a useful purpose but are no substitute for brains

Are you certain your wallet didnt lose you?
    never say never

Smile Well

As long as she is driving. I think that I will drink me some beers!

I've yet to loose a wallet.. knock on wood. I typically have less than $100 in cash (usually a lot less than that), but loosing the money is nothing compared to the hassle of gettin all the cards back and changed and all that BS.

Where I used to work, I drove a different pickup for a day or 2 while my truck was getting fixed. I was kind of the shot truck so to speak, so many people drove it. Well I stopped at the park one day for lunch, got a lil bored and thought I'd flip through the owners manual (yeah, really bored). Found a wallet with almost $400 in it, along with a license and a few other cards. Unfortunately the owner and I got along pretty well, plus the whole morals thing kicked in so I returned it. Felt really good doing that, especially when he told me that was extra money he saved up for his daughters b-day presents.

Ok, gettin kinda side tracked here....
    My g/f had her wallet (used loosely, was more of a tiny briefcase with everything in it) stolen a while back. Man what a PITA to get that straightened out!

The wifey-poo probably has it in her purse. That way she goes where and when she wants AND has all the credit cards.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast