+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Air purifiers that diffuse reactive oxygen species potentially cause DNA damage

Post Likes
    I guess we can say the same thing about water. The point here is that too many think ozone is totally useless and a pollutant. My wife doesn't like ozone either so I only use it when she is not around. She thinks it stinks. At least I think she talking about the ozone.

The legal limits of ozone outdoors(EPA) is .05ppm, also ASHRAE.
    Average ozone near the ocean and in the mountains is .06 to .07ppm.

Ozone generators produces .005 to .04ppm which is the maximum CSA limit

Ozone has been found not to cause any ill effects at .2ppm

Hyper sensitive persons can sense it at .001ppm.

1.00ppm is the Los Angeles level before a smog alert. Ozone is not the smog because it is colorless.

Not everyone can take penicillen, but it certainly isn't a banned substance.

Ozone makes a few people feel ill. Those are the ones that shouldn't have it. I have seen it make a whole bunch of people well or at least better.

I think the statement that antioxidants may be causing more cancer was a little shocking.

Ozone is most harmful to the medical community and the pharmaceutical industry. It could cost them billions of dollars if more people were well.

The body must have some CO. It is a neuro=transmitter and vasodialator. It is used in transplant patients to keep the body from rejecting new organs.

A lot of something is bad, but a little is very beneficial. Someday they will come up with inexpensive devices to control ozone generator levels more closely. Right now they are expensive. To say ozone is bad is wrong because we would all die without it in the outside air.
    captain CO

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Davis View Post
    I guess we can say the same thing about water. The point here is that too many think ozone is totally useless and a pollutant. My wife doesn't like ozone either so I only use it when she is not around. She thinks it stinks. At least I think she talking about the ozone.

The legal limits of ozone outdoors(EPA) is .05ppm, also ASHRAE.
    Average ozone near the ocean and in the mountains is .06 to .07ppm.

Ozone generators produces .005 to .04ppm which is the maximum CSA limit

Ozone has been found not to cause any ill effects at .2ppm

Hyper sensitive persons can sense it at .001ppm.

1.00ppm is the Los Angeles level before a smog alert. Ozone is not the smog because it is colorless.

Not everyone can take penicillen, but it certainly isn't a banned substance.

Ozone makes a few people feel ill. Those are the ones that shouldn't have it. I have seen it make a whole bunch of people well or at least better.

I think the statement that antioxidants may be causing more cancer was a little shocking.

Ozone is most harmful to the medical community and the pharmaceutical industry. It could cost them billions of dollars if more people were well.

The body must have some CO. It is a neuro=transmitter and vasodialator. It is used in transplant patients to keep the body from rejecting new organs.

A lot of something is bad, but a little is very beneficial. Someday they will come up with inexpensive devices to control ozone generator levels more closely. Right now they are expensive. To say ozone is bad is wrong because we would all die without it in the outside air.
    I live near the beach on the central coast in California, near San Luis Obispo. We have no industry here. There is absolutely no pollution. Its all beaches and tourists. On an average sunny day, 75 degrees or so, I can slide open my window and immediately smell ozone. Unless you know what ozone smells like you probably wouldn't notice it. I have a $2,500 portable ozone sensor (HMOS) that I set on the ledge of my window and let it cycle for hours at a time. It never settles lower than .065 parts per million for up to 8 hour extended periods. It goes up as high as .075 parts per million.

The EPA and the FDA state that the legal limit for outdoor ozone is .05 parts per million. This is how misinformed they are. What are we going to do, turn off the sun and shut down the ocean? Clueless would be harsh but in some cases very applicable.

Now a funny thing happens when you go inland a hundred miles and get closer to San Jose. The readings drop and in some cases barely register .01 parts per million.

This is my theory. The ozone levels you read near the ocean and mountains, void of any industry, are most likely the ultimate base line level. In the more populated and polluted areas the ozone is depleted because it attacks and destroys volatile organic compounds created by commercial and industrial polluters.

Keep in mind it was he EPA who crucified ozone in the press and in reports then they set the maximum outdoor level at .05 parts per million when it averages .065 in paradise.

Post Likes
    Thank you Jim.
    No good deed goes unpunished.

Post Likes
    IAQ is becoming a big push in my area, and everyone is pushing something and destroying other guys stuff....I wish I could confidently sell one of these products as being better than the other. Ive done the Field controls class, and the RGF REME...Problem is I want something in my own house that will help protect my family....which to believe????

Post Likes
    http://www.gizmag.com/free-radical-c...eration/25820/

This article kind of throws a curve ball out there or is it a knuckle ball?
    captain CO

Post Likes
    Genesis, do you have any info on the Photomax by Ultravation?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 270wsm View Post
    Genesis, do you have any info on the Photomax by Ultravation?
    If a pure TIO2 Catalyst isn't encompassing the entire airstream you are only oxidizing a small percentage of it. You do the math.
    The premise of ventilation is that the OA is clean or of sufficient quality to be used for dilution. Traditional ventilation is somewhat being threatened by the fact that the EPA is changing the requirements for outdoor air quality which is creating non-attainment zones in what is now becoming a significant portion of the country. That means that buildings in those areas will need to clean up the OA before they bring it into the building.
    www.genesisair.com
    Genesis Air Inc.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by genesis View Post
    If a pure TIO2 Catalyst isn't encompassing the entire airstream you are only oxidizing a small percentage of it. You do the math.
    Well, I have UVPhotomax. It's still sitting in the box at my house. I never installed it because I heard too much bad stuff about the byproducts and ROS. So you saying it's not worth installing?

Post Likes
    Where'd you go?

Post Likes
    I didnt read this whole thread but are we talking about the likes of a pHO/PHI light as well like the Guardian air product and others like it??

Post Likes
    I believe so. I just want more info on its safety.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    I don't watch this site much any more surprised to see this thread brought out of the cellar. I am running air samples at the new terminal at JFK airport this week. Was checking out a surgical center in Chicago before that. You guys need to really educate yourselves on this subject. Don't look at it from the chemist side look at it from the medical side. Many more papers out now than when this thread started.
    The premise of ventilation is that the OA is clean or of sufficient quality to be used for dilution. Traditional ventilation is somewhat being threatened by the fact that the EPA is changing the requirements for outdoor air quality which is creating non-attainment zones in what is now becoming a significant portion of the country. That means that buildings in those areas will need to clean up the OA before they bring it into the building.
    www.genesisair.com
    Genesis Air Inc.

Post Likes
    You have any links to this info?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    "It's not that I'm smart, it's that I stay with the problem longer”
    Albert Einstein

Post Likes
    i'm sooo confused after all that..................... here is what I have... http://www.carico.com/nutriDeluxe.html any thoughts?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in