Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where's the OT?

Grades your invoices? I guess we've got similar management
    personnel, although they don't mail it to your house,
    they red highlight it and post it for all to see on the main bulletin board in the shop.

Does HVAC management make people weird or do HVAC service managers get caught up in some kind of perverse power trip?
    I have had similar experiences elsewhere in the past.

No OT in hot weather = Find a new place to work!! I am getting 10 to 12 hours a week and thats a slow week!!

Originally posted by service guy
    I am getting 10 to 12 hours a week and thats a slow week!!
    Well, I should say so!.....

Originally posted by Ammonianite
    Grades your invoices? I guess we've got similar management
    personnel, although they don't mail it to your house,
    they red highlight it and post it for all to see on the main bulletin board in the shop.

That's just plain uncivilized.

Originally posted by Ammonianite
    Does HVAC management make people weird or do HVAC service managers get caught up in some kind of perverse power trip?
    I have had similar experiences elsewhere in the past.
    No, not necessarily. Usually, the ones that perform these ignorant manuevers have had personality disorders dating back to childhood. (Or they know that their peepees are too small and they can't afford the fancy car...)

Originally posted by hvaclmnop

Tell me... is this weird:
    Once a every couple weeks the owner makes photo-copies of most of my invoices and "grades" them with a red pen. Then he puts them in a big manila envelope and MAILS THEM TO MY HOUSE with a memo that asks me to write my relpies, thoughts and reasonings on the back so we can go over them. I'm still green, I know... but take my word for it, this guy is beyond analytical and well into hyper critical. My wife sees these in the mail and she flips out; she's on edge;I'm on edge. I really understand why the company is so small and no one in the local wants to work here.

Ok,venting over.
    Sounds like my supervisor. He calls local HVAC/referig contractors to ask if I know what I'm doing. So far he's never came and told me I did'nt, but it sure keeps a guy looking over his shoulder all the time. I feel for you man, keep looking.
    TB
    Everyone knows something I don't.

2 Chronicles 7:14
    14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

Been kinda slow here in the DFW area in Texas.
    Last week I only got 32 hours, but I took a couple of half days off. the last month or so has been fairly slow, with me only getting ~40 to 45 hours a week. I have had a lot of 3 service call days, but thats not so bad when your working on homes with 3-5 systems. Been able to get some decent time out of those calls.

Our Trane sales rep, and guys at the supply houses, tell me service is kinda slow for everybody here right now.

It has actually been a nice break after how buisy June was!
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Nice to know we're not the only ones, I guess. I'm still watching the door, though. The only thing that makes want to hang on here is the learning. We do such a mixed bag of stuff that I get to put my hands on a lot of different things. Within a week, I'll be doing changeouts, new home install, commercial install, residential service, commercial serice, refrigeration etc...etc.. The only thing I can't touch( because of contract ) is anything over 12 tons or buildings over 4 stories. Anyway, the variety and learning (not really training ) is good. It's just everything else that stinks.
    If you can't push; pull... If you can't pull; GET OUT OF THE WAY!!

I was lucky to get two days last week at only 8 hours...That wet stuff started to fall (rain) but other that (the 10 minute down pour) it's 10 to 12 hours a day for the last three months and we still have two more months of hot weather to go.

Move to the Southwest there's work out here.
    Yuma,
    What is snow? Is it that white stuff in a freezer?

I worked Friday thruogh Sunday (on call)in the N. Virginia market for our company to let my techs have a break.With in those 3 days I had 32hours o.t. The techs I have up there have been working 60-80 hours a weekwhile on call and 50-70 during a normal week. I am the tech support manager for 3/4 of Virginia. All of my techs are working their butts off even in Richmond and Va.Beach. We have not seen a slow time in the 2years I have been with this company. A slow time equals 45-55 hours a week.

Hmm hvac mop?

39 hours OT, that was on my 7 days off? You and your family are welcome here in South Texas. Where it hotter and muggier than Hell. A/C is a must

8 hours everyday this week. Hung duct mon & tues, did a Pm this morning then actually went on a res service call. woo hoo. Did a water heater on the side yesterday for a quick 150...man I just hope the damn is about to break; Texas is just to far to commute.
    If you can't push; pull... If you can't pull; GET OUT OF THE WAY!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12