Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where's the OT?

Third day in the 90's...Third day 8hrs. This just doesn't seem right. The owner says that everything that's going to break, has, and so this is usually a slow time for us. Man, I was really banking on getting slammed. I was told summer was going to be heavy. OT has been a real disappointment with this company. Anyone else going home after 8?
    If you can't push; pull... If you can't pull; GET OUT OF THE WAY!!

Originally posted by hvaclmnop
    Anyone else going home after 8?

Yeah. 8 calls a day.

I think your boss is doing something terribly wrong. Has he tried the air conditioning business???????????????

Senior Tech Guest
    No overtime...what a wonderful place to work...
    Were still playing catch up from previous weeks of hot weather while still trying to keep up with new work coming in...oh mercy.....when will it end...uncle...uncleeeeeeee

Third day in the 90's...Third day 8hrs. This just doesn't seem right. The owner says that everything that's going to break, has, and so this is usually a slow time for us. Man, I was really banking on getting slammed. I was told summer was going to be heavy. OT has been a real disappointment with this company. Anyone else going home after 8?
    Are you doing A.C. only?

Come over to the dark side and kill yourself with us refrigeration guys....it's great!!!

We do a mixed bag of almost everything including refrigeration. I've been doing changeouts and hanging duct the past two weeks and maybe ran a couple calls in the afternoons. What really sucks is trying to stock a van for service and install.What really really sucks is that it's an Astro.

Originally posted by condenseddave
    Anyone else going home after 8?

Yeah. 8 calls a day.

I think your boss is doing something terribly wrong. Has he tried the air conditioning business???????????????
    LMFAO!!!

102 in some spots I was working today & got cut loose at 7 hours. This ain't right...

Unfortunately, we are having the same problem. The guys are working a few hours overtime but we're caught up on maintenance and aren't as busy as we should be in this heat. Our other offices are busy and we're lending them manpower.
    I may have to take condenseddave's advice and fire myself.

Closed out my week with 39hrs. Owner is already talking about fall PM's next month. This outfit has me stressed all the time, anyway...Now i'm looking at $$$ problems. Harrisburg,PA would be a little far for a commute, but I do think I see a move in the future!

Tell me... is this weird:
    Once a every couple weeks the owner makes photo-copies of most of my invoices and "grades" them with a red pen. Then he puts them in a big manila envelope and MAILS THEM TO MY HOUSE with a memo that asks me to write my relpies, thoughts and reasonings on the back so we can go over them. I'm still green, I know... but take my word for it, this guy is beyond analytical and well into hyper critical. My wife sees these in the mail and she flips out; she's on edge;I'm on edge. I really understand why the company is so small and no one in the local wants to work here.

Ok,venting over.

Working another Saturday tomorrow.

I'll finally finish a remodel job that I started on May 12th. Too much work resulted in this job being put on the back burner.
    Get back to work.™

That's funny....

Yesterday I worked only 7hrs, & today I worked a mere 8. The ladies in the office tell me the phones just aren't ringing. They say - jokingly - maybe we already fixed all the units. But I know better.... Their customers just got wise & found a better co. to take care of their needs....

Tell me... is this weird:
    Once a every couple weeks the owner makes photo-copies of most of my invoices and "grades" them with a red pen. Then he puts them in a big manila envelope and MAILS THEM TO MY HOUSE with a memo that asks me to write my relpies, thoughts and reasonings on the back so we can go over them.
    Ask him why he's sending them to your house. Tell him not to do that anymore. Tell him you're more than willing to write replies when you arrive at the shop - on COMPANY TIME!

I've gotta hang on here a while longer, so I can make everything look pretty for the mortgage broker.

but

I

am

looking...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast