Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Wife refuses to sleep with me tonight

My wife is not upholding our wedding vows to accept one another for better or for wurst.

I have a favorite sandwich that I only get a hankering for maybe twice a year. Here is a variation of it;

My liverwurst sandwich must be pumpernikel bread, mayo, lots of raw onion all over, swiss cheese and of course, liverwurst.

The wife will not even be in the same room with that sandwich and will not kiss me for 24 hours after eating one and much teeth brushing. She kisse me goodnight as I was taking the ingredients out of the fridge and declared she was sleeping in the guest room tonight.

Should we seek counseling?
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    My wife is not upholding our wedding vows to accept one another for better or for wurst.

I have a favorite sandwich that I only get a hankering for maybe twice a year. Here is a variation of it;

My liverwurst sandwich must be pumpernikel bread, mayo, lots of raw onion all over, swiss cheese and of course, liverwurst.

The wife will not even be in the same room with that sandwich and will not kiss me for 24 hours after eating one and much teeth brushing. She kisse me goodnight as I was taking the ingredients out of the fridge and declared she was sleeping in the guest room tonight.

Should we seek counseling?
    You need to seek a certified FOOD counseler! She obviously doesn't know what she is missing and must partake in such tasty treats to understand your joy for them. My door is open M-F after 5pm.

p.s. throw some horse radish on that and wash it down with a tall stout.

Make one for me...just cut it thicker and add more onion...
    (The wise men of modern thought) adore a god made of putty or of wax - plastic, effeminate, molluscous, with no masculine faculty about him, and no quality that entitles him to the respect of just and honest men, for a being who cannot be angry at wrongdoing is destitute of one of the essential virtues, and a moral Ruler who is not angry with the wicked, and who refuses to punish crime, is not divine. ---Spurgeon

Quote Originally Posted by DavyB View Post
    You need to seek a certified FOOD counseler! She obviously doesn't know what she is missing and must partake in such tasty treats to understand your joy for them. My door is open M-F after 5pm.

p.s. throw some horse radish on that and wash it down with a tall stout.
    That does sound good, but I reserve horse radish for beef or turkey sandwiches. I got to eating liverwurst early on in my first years in the HVAC business. My first field mechanic was an alcoholic who only ate lunch at bars. Back then, the best sandwiches you could get were either at a deli or at a bar. Most deli's in my area were Jewish and did not carry liverwurst, which most times contains pork liver. But liverwurst sandwiches at bars were a staple lunch in the Baltimore area.

And yes, beer is the best drink with a liverwurst sandwich. I currently prefer wheat beers and just had a nice cold Purple Haze.

Quote Originally Posted by shaygetz View Post
    Make one for me...just cut it thicker and add more onion...
    Oh yea; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dd--tIkrVoA

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    That does sound good, but I reserve horse radish for beef or turkey sandwiches. I got to eating liverwurst early on in my first years in the HVAC business. My first field mechanic was an alcoholic who only ate lunch at bars. Back then, the best sandwiches you could get were either at a deli or at a bar. Most deli's in my area were Jewish and did not carry liverwurst, which most times contains pork liver. But liverwurst sandwiches at bars were a staple lunch in the Baltimore area.

And yes, beer is the best drink with a liverwurst sandwich. I currently prefer wheat beers and just had a nice cold Purple Haze.
    I don't know what you're talking about. Horse radish is good on almost anything! So is garlic and onions. When I was stationed in Bitburg Germany, I used to eat SCHARFERSENF on my wheeties! (the best (spicy) mustard you'll ever ingest). One of these days, I'll invest in a case (it's the only way Trader Joes will order it).

Quote Originally Posted by DavyB View Post
    I don't know what you're talking about. Horse radish is good on almost anything! So is garlic and onions. When I was stationed in Bitburg Germany, I used to eat SCHARFERSENF on my wheeties! (the best (spicy) mustard you'll ever ingest). One of these days, I'll invest in a case (it's the only way Trader Joes will order it).
    Don't get me wrong, I'm sure horseradish is great on liverwurst sandwiches. It is just not the way I nostalgically crave them. I suppose we all have "comfort" foods, and that sandwich simply takes me back to my youth via my taste buds.

Other culinary memory foods specifically prepared are grilled cheese sandwiches, burned on one side and coated with sugar on the other and Taylor's ham roll slices fried with onion, peppers and garlic. My dad made the latter when he was home from sea. He called it fried farts and garlic to try to dissuade me from wanting it, but that did not work out well for him.

Bitburger beer. The beer you can drink warm

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! same here my wife is mad cuz I bring my notebook computer to bed and she says the light is annoying her. I say baby why are you trying to sleep with your eye open, she storms out the room on the couch....ahhhh boy got the bed all to myself

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroTolerance View Post
    Bitburger beer. The beer you can drink warm
    I'm not really a big beer drinker. Prior to working in Cayman, where I kind of got hooked on Red Stripe because it was all I could get for a while, I only drank beer with certain foods such as steamed crabs or deli sandwiches I used to order when I was a pup in the trade and my mechanic would drink his lunch in bars that served sandwiches.

Quote Originally Posted by keviekev70 View Post
    LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! same here my wife is mad cuz I bring my notebook computer to bed and she says the light is annoying her. I say baby why are you trying to sleep with your eye open, she storms out the room on the couch....ahhhh boy got the bed all to myself
    My wife gets off lucky with that. I cannot stand being in bed unless I am ready to fall asleep or being frisky. Because she has trouble getting to sleep and I am somewhat an insomniac, I usually wait until I hear her snoring before I go to bed.

That picture just made me really hungry. I'm going to have to pick some up tomorrow. It's been a while.

and lol about the notebook. I bring my gaming laptop to bed with a 17" screen haha
    Steamfitters Local 601

Quote Originally Posted by Korndogg View Post
    That picture just made me really hungry. I'm going to have to pick some up tomorrow. It's been a while.

and lol about the notebook. I bring my gaming laptop to bed with a 17" screen haha
    I'm the one that gets abused if I go to bed the same time as she does or even shortly after. She has to have the TV on a timer to get to sleep, and I don't like it on. For a while there she was into real life cop shows and shows about abused wives and children. I had to put a stop that. I just can't go to sleep with that kind of negative trash filtering through my brain.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast