Post Likes
    Can someone tell me what cooling capacity a 38vh005300 condensing unit has. And by the way, how do you read the model number or where can I go to look this up?

Post Likes
    Must be a recent model.
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

Post Likes
    not that new. looks like it has been in service for a while and not serviced recently. I'm sure it is twice as big as it needs to be. But what size is it?

Post Likes
    does the evap coil have a number or the furnace.
    (buddah still in the grave).

Post Likes
    This is definitely a mixed bag. I would say the evap coil is from Lennox, the furnace is a rheem, and the condensing unit is carrier. If we can't read the model number, we can't get it right.
    I know who I serve.

Post Likes
    that thing has got to be over twenty years old.It was more than likely put in by rule of thumb do a load calc.....when all elese fails compressor ratings are easier to find it seems to me.
    Take your time & do it right!

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Post Likes
    It was a top of the line "Roundone" ,way back when,005,is nominal 4 tons.

Post Likes
    I have done the load calc. Results - 2 tons. That explains why there is a 4 ton unit on the pad. I am so tired of this. There are way too many rule of thumbers in this state.

I just need to make sure when I replace this furnace, that I get as much airflow as I can out of it, so the AC doesn't get too unhappy and cause me a bunch of call backs.