My Bryant 561C A/C unit just stopped working today. I checked power to unit and everything is ok. When I disconnect power outside for approx 10 minutes and re-connect the fan makes a clunk sound and moves approx 1inch. The fan moves freely and the inside blower fan will work on the ON position but not the Auto. The furnace is a Bryant plus90. I was thinking the problem could be the capacitor however if the capacitor is bad would the fan move at all? The compressor does not seem to be turning on either. I did not want to go through the trouble of discharging the capacitor to check it if this was not a possible problem.

Thank You..

sounds like you have a utility co box on unit. time delay starts when power applied to outdoor unit. turn on power wait 15 minutes. if still won't start call for service

It does not have an interuptable power box, it's connected directly to my panel with a shut off box outside. I am just trying to find out if a compacitor is bad will the fan even try to turn on?

It could be either the fan motor or the cap or both. If you don't have a meter, than best to call a pro out, and have it checked properly.

My Bryant 561C A/C unit just stopped working today. I checked power to unit and everything is ok. When I disconnect power outside for approx 10 minutes and re-connect the fan makes a clunk sound and moves approx 1inch.
    i suppose the compressor doesn't turn on either.

The fan moves freely and the inside blower fan will work on the ON position but not the Auto.
    when you say "not in the Auto", are you meaning when calling for cooling?

The furnace is a Bryant plus90.
    nothing wrong with a Bryant.

I was thinking the problem could be the capacitor however if the capacitor is bad would the fan move at all?
    which capacitor are you referring to here? the blower or condenser motor?

The compressor does not seem to be turning on either.
    okay then, the compressor doesn't run either.

I did not want to go through the trouble of discharging the capacitor to check it if this was not a possible problem.
    are you a service tech?

Thank You..
    you are welcome i think.

sorry i couldn't help much. i think i need more info.
    are you having problems with the furnace or the condensing unit? maybe it is the furnace not the condensing unit!

first, your furnace has to be running before the A/C should be!

It could only be a bad capacitor, if so cheap fix.
    Good Luck