Well, thanks to all your advices the guy came out last week and exchange the piston! to match the 4 t outside unit. And the AC actually cooled the house during the day to about 75/76 F and was able to hold it!

BUT! today it's right back where it was at 80 F and hasn't moved down from that in hours!!!!!

Uggghhhh I am so frustrated i called him again and he says he now has no more clue whats wrong. He said maybe its leaking pressure and he didnt tighten the piston good enough.

It is extremly hot today but I think it was in the lower 90's also Sunday... so that couldnt be the problem that the AC just can't cool it down below 80 F as far as i understood all you guys, right?

I think i need a 2nd opinion on my unit before i lose my mind.

What i still and again don't get why did it work just fine for 5 days with the new piston cooling down during the day to 75/76 and now stops again. Any clue?
    Thanks, Manuela

Senior Tech Guest
    He may be right...sounds like loss of refrigerant thru a loose fitting could be a likely possibility. A very slow refrigerant leak would keep you going for several days until to much leaked out and wahlah....no cooling.

A high side leak At orfice should be under warranty by technician and yes this could cause it to go out in less than a week.
    Had that happen to me just this week.

Originally posted by bama 101
    A high side leak At orfice should be under warranty by technician and yes this could cause it to go out in less than a week.
    Had that happen to me just this week.
    high side leak at ORFICE? whats that? is that in the Air Handler? cause that's the only thing thats new, the 5 ton Air Handler, outside i still have my old 4 ton compressor.

Did your technician change orfice(piston) The piston has high pressure at the connection and yes it should be at coil on or in air handler,and can leak very rapidly

yes he changed the piston of the new 5 ton AC Handler to match the 4 ton old outside unit! Andit worked fine after that like i said for 5-6 days now and just today out of blue messed up again!

sounds like he's got aleak at the fitting where he installed the piston and as I said he should still be liable to fix it for free if that is where it leaked

trust me! he wouldn't dare to ask me for more money :-)
    so much went wrong since I bought the darn thing in April its unreal. My AC bills, instead of going down have been up constantly since May!!

Yea he probably replaced the piston without replacing the gasket, I carry plenty of those new gaskets or teflon 0 orings whatever they call them on my truck and I never change out a piston without installing a new one.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown