I just started up a new Rheem HP today and my suction pressure plummets to 0 within seconds. Head pressure 150, outdoor temp 100. All valves are open. Pressures won't equalize when I pull power. Any ideas?

Do you see any frost forming on the liquid line or coils?

does this happen in both heat and ac mode?
    I don’t always drink beer, but when I do I prefer Dos-Equis. I am the most interesting man in the world. Stay thirsty my friends.

where in nc are you at??
    I don’t always drink beer, but when I do I prefer Dos-Equis. I am the most interesting man in the world. Stay thirsty my friends.

Was indoor coil replaced also? Does it have a txv or piston metering device? If piston, it needs to be pulled and checked. Is it safe to assume that an external l.l. drier was installed and a micron vacuum achieved? Sounds like a restriction or a defective txv.
    There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action....Mark Twain

complete install. all old out and gone. new coil, lineset and all. Didnt try heat mode; no frost anywhere; I'm thinking TXV but scared to let it run long enough to really check it. Would the discharge be higher than 150 if TXV stuck closed?

I would switch into the heating cycle and compare the pressures on the liquid and vapor access valves at the o.d. unit. They should be very close to the same. Use the high side gauge only for this of course. If the pressures look normal I would look hard at the metering device at the indoor coil.

thanks pro. Ill try that. Ive already got a coil on the way because I suspected the TXV. Need one shot one kill on this one. Lady is 76 and temps here are high. I didn't try adding freon. Whats the odds it was improperly charged at factory?

Also check the location of the TXV sensing bulb. Many manufactures do not permanantly mount these bulbs where they will need to be for proper system operation due to installation issues in doing so. The sensing bulb may be keeping the TXV closed.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

manufacturer sent new coil with TXV. fixed everything. happy customer, happy contractor!!

Good job!