+ Reply to Thread

Thread: little home project, exhause fan control

Post Likes
    I have a variable speed kithen exhause fan. Sometime people uses the range and don't turn on the fan.

I want to have the fan turn-on automatically at various speeds depending on needs.

I was thinking having a temperature sensor control the speed of the fan. Higher temp - higher speed.

spec: 120v fan

assumption: fan speed is varied by cutting the frequency.

question: is there small device (like a head pressure control by slowing down the condensor fan) that will vary the freq base on temp?

I would like to have some flexiblity in defining the range. For example; at < 95 degree, disable fan
    at 95 degree, run at 10 hz
    at > 120 degree, run at 60 hz.

this should be fun.

[Edited by comfortmaster1 on 08-02-2005 at 05:30 PM]

Post Likes
    WOW lots of time on your hands or what???
    No offense!!!!!!

Post Likes

Post Likes
    AC Tech makes some small afordable vfd's and you could control this with a Johnson A350P for speed from temps mentioned and A350 will enable start/stop.
    Just a thought.

Post Likes

Talking

Just yell at the people not turning the fan on when they cook and tell them if they keep it up they'll pay the electric bill for the added a/c usage. It took a couple of weeks with the wife but she finally remembers to turn the fan on!
    "How it can be considered "Open" is beyond me. Calling it "voyeur-ed" would be more accurate." pka LeroyMac, SkyIsBlue, fka Freddy-B, Mongo, IndyBlue
    BIG Government = More Dependents
    "Any 'standard' would be great if it didn't get bastardised by corporate self interest." MatrixTransform
    My 5 yr old son "Dad, Siri is not very smart when there's no internet."

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in