Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: clamp meters

With a Fluke.....

"It is a Fluke that it worked at all"
    If common sense is so common how come so few of us have it!

Check out the Fieldpiece SC 56. Its a great meter. Does everything I need in a meter. Unlike the Fluke 902 which promised to be an hvac meter, what a joke. Can't do DC mv or ohms over 900.

One great thing about fieldpiece is they have guys here on H talk to respond to questions or issues on thier product. They build product strictly for the hvac industry.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcrj View Post
    Check out the Fieldpiece SC 56. Its a great meter. Does everything I need in a meter. Unlike the Fluke 902 which promised to be an hvac meter, what a joke. Can't do DC mv or ohms over 900.
    LOL X 2
    You're Only As Good As Your Last Service Call or Install.....Make it Count!

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcrj View Post

One great thing about fieldpiece is they have guys here on H talk to respond to questions or issues on thier product. They build product strictly for the hvac industry.

+1 I really like the SC56 also and I own a 902 and it works for most jobs.
    Phil

I would recommend the Field Piece HS 36 to anyone in the HVAC industry. It has many features that other multimeters do not have: free ammeter, non contact voltage indicator, Mfm for capacitors, test for flame diode,changeable accessory heads, etc.

It was difficult for me to pay that much for it years ago. The features have saved me a lot of time and $ on additional testers. I am glad I bought it.

Have both Fluke and Fieldpiece and like them both but, I like my Flukes better.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” —Albert Einstein

My old Amprobe RS-3 has worked great for me for the last 20 years....for a multi-meter my UEI has worked great for about 5 years now.

Fluke and exetechs are the way to go, ideal has some pretty nice meters with front display and bottom dislpay(for when you're in a tight spot) that won't break the bank quite as much. I wouldn't skimp when it comes to your meter though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12