How to do an AO in Delta Controls?

Hello all,

I'm new to the forum and also relatively new to Delta Controls. I have an Operator Guide, but it doesn't answer my question.

I have a modulating boiler that requires a 4mV-20mV signal to modulate and I can't figure out how to program Delta to do this. Does anyone have any idea on how I'd go about writing this program? Or a link to a site that would explain it me?

BTW, I'm using a DBB 060 I/O Board that does have an AO section with a jumper for the 4-20mV's

Thanks in advance,

Matthew

I have a Control Loop percentage which increases as the the supply temperature drops below the setpoint, and I know I can use this.

I tried to create an Analog Output point, but I could only get it to modulate in Voltage, I need it to modulate in milliAmperage.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewJ View Post
    Hello all,

I'm new to the forum and also relatively new to Delta Controls. I have an Operator Guide, but it doesn't answer my question.

I have a modulating boiler that requires a 4mA-20mA signal to modulate and I can't figure out how to program Delta to do this. Does anyone have any idea on how I'd go about writing this program? Or a link to a site that would explain it me?

BTW, I'm using a DBB 060 I/O Board that does have an AO section with a jumper for the 4-20mA's

Thanks in advance,

Matthew
    Edited: because in the original I said the device range (board and boiler) was 4-20mV when it is 4-20mA's.

I am pretty sure the inputs are only configurable as 4-20 ma. If so you would need a signal convertor.

Your mixed up on that board sir. Delta does not give a 4-20 ma AO. For the most part whenever your looking at a Delta board the IP are on the left, OP on the right. Your into a interesting GCL program for your first shot at programming Delta. Too much so to explain on here.
    Good Luck

K, well thanks for letting me know that. I saw the 4-20mA and thought I was in the clear.

I will find a signal converter to turn the AO voltage into mA's. Can anyone send me any kind of a link to help me out with the programming (even in general, not just to modulate an AO)? Is there an online manual or anything? I searched for one yesterday for an hour or two and couldn't find anything.

There is a folder called Standard Apps on George you can download if you have acces. It has programs, graphics and drawings for most standard systems. That and using the help file in ORCAview should get you started on the path to programming nirvana.

kontrol out
    "Open is as open does." - Forrest Gump
    "Can't we all just get a Lon?" - Garry Jack
    "BACnet: integration or interrogation?" - The Janitor
    "Open protocols? You can't handle open protocols!" - Nathan R. Jessup
    “What’s that? Aaa… open protocols? Don’t talk about…. open protocols? Are you kidding me? Open protocols? I just hope we can hardwire an interface!” - Jim Mora http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7fjDS0jKiE