Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    There is a Viet Nam moving wall that travels throughtout the country. It is 25% of the size of the orginial which is in Washington DC.

This year the Vermont Veterans Home hosted it visit here in Bennington.

The weather was great and a lot of visitors visited the site. V

Close up of the Wall V

Young visitors. V

An old veteran visitor V

The entire list of names that appear on the wall is read by volunteers. This is a picture of me during my turn at the mic. V

[Edited by benncool on 08-02-2005 at 08:16 PM]

I have seen it in New Orleans and where I live. No one with a heart can go and not cry.

Agreed. The names of a cousin, 2 high school friends, and 7 military buddies are on the wall. It came here to Beaufort couple years ago and has an ominous air to it...not unlike the USS Arizona Memorial at Pearl.

God rest their souls.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

It's not coming to my neighborhood anytime soon, but we have this a couple miles from our shop for the IL guys.
    "If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a KA." - Albert Einstein

It's later than you think.

I about fell out of my chair Jerry!

I was looking at the pix of the old guy and I read... "This is a picture of me during my turn at the mic." under it. I thought Haw Haw haaa! I wonder whose gonna believe that??????

Then I scrolled down and saw that the caption was for the pix below it. I sure got a minute of laughs out of it! It's amazing, you've only been in Mayberry 20 some years. Speaches, the Senator, TV, Your everywhere man! No wonder your gonna retire, you aint got time for that work crap anymore! You've got important stuff to do! Nice photo's, thanx! Hope it wanders to Colorado.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

I thought that also. I thought he was the old guy sleeping in the wheelchair, till I scrolled down.

Giggle....I thought that also.

Living near Washington DC gave me the oportunity to visit the permanent wall when it was first built. I was really sceptical about a stark black wall being an effective way of honoring our fallen soldiers in Vietnam.

Within minutes of standing in front of that monument, after glossing over the vast amount of American names of every etnic background, an absolute feeling of mixed pride, grief mortality swept over me. The great thing is that everyone else that stands there is just as teary eyed as you are.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Originally posted by hvacmd2002
    I thought that also. I thought he was the old guy sleeping in the wheelchair, till I scrolled down.
    There I fixed it. I hope you rocket scientist, smart butts, can figure out my captioning system now. ( V= look down.)

I knew it wasn`t you benncool,he`s to young.

nam memorial

Being a nam vet myself I debate every year whether to make the trip to the memorial or not. I'm afraid of the emotional roller coaster and just can't decide if I want to go through that or not.

Re: nam memorial

Originally posted by hal parker
    Being a nam vet myself I debate every year whether to make the trip to the memorial or not. I'm afraid of the emotional roller coaster and just can't decide if I want to go through that or not.
    Go. Those men and women on that wall deserve it.

Re: nam memorial

Originally posted by hal parker
    hal this is a book that our company bookkeeper wrote. It is about her husband inability to adjust to the effect of the Vietnam War. I'll also post a link where it can be purchased. It might help you to read this book.

Also visiting the wall is an honor for all of us who came back. You'll feel much better if you go.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/se...297815-5583863

[Edited by benncool on 08-04-2005 at 01:45 PM]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast