Thread: A/C not working

Last night I noticed that was house was getting rather warm. I tried to turn down my thermostat and the A/C never kicked on. Usually I can here the stat click and see the spark. This time nothing. I tried popping the breakers in my box, but that didnt do anything. I'm wondering if the stat is bad or if the problem is more serious. I called a few places and one said to hit the reset switch on the outside unit. I couldnt find it since that side is up against a tree. The outside unit is a rheem rpca-024jcs heat pump. any thoughts?

It could be any number of things. You need to have a tech look at it. There may not be 24vac present and they need to find out why.
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

Definitely call a tech. You can usually see a spark where? The condenser is up against a tree? 2 problems right there.
    If everything was always done "by the book"....the book would never change.

You can usually see a spark where? The condenser is up against a tree? 2 problems right there.

If you can usually see a spark , thats not good and the tree? well if you cant get in there how will anyone else be able to?

usually when i turn the thermostat down to where it kicks everything on i could see a spark and here it click on. you can still get the access panel off to get inside the outside unit