Thread: A/C not working

Last night I noticed that was house was getting rather warm. I tried to turn down my thermostat and the A/C never kicked on. Usually I can here the stat click and see the spark. This time nothing. I tried popping the breakers in my box, but that didnt do anything. I'm wondering if the stat is bad or if the problem is more serious. I called a few places and one said to hit the reset switch on the outside unit. I couldnt find it since that side is up against a tree. The outside unit is a rheem rpca-024jcs heat pump. any thoughts?

It could be any number of things. You need to have a tech look at it. There may not be 24vac present and they need to find out why.
    "The road to Hell is paved with progressive policies."

Definitely call a tech. You can usually see a spark where? The condenser is up against a tree? 2 problems right there.
    If everything was always done "by the book"....the book would never change.

You can usually see a spark where? The condenser is up against a tree? 2 problems right there.

If you can usually see a spark , thats not good and the tree? well if you cant get in there how will anyone else be able to?

usually when i turn the thermostat down to where it kicks everything on i could see a spark and here it click on. you can still get the access panel off to get inside the outside unit