I just finished my 2 year degree from hvac school and would like advice on what I should include in my resume since I have no actual field experience, i'm looking for residential work or work at a union shop. What kind of information would be appealing to anyone who views an entry level resume any help would be appreciated thanks.

I assume that you did not work for any a/c company while attending school. I am sorry to say there is not much you can put on it except that you are a graduate of said school and list everything studied, and start knocking on doors and maybe you will get lucky.

Good Luck!!

List everything that you have learned, and be consistent, make as many resumes as you can and drop them off at a/c companys,and show that you are willing to work hard.

Most community colleges and technical-vocational schools have people on the college staff to assist you in writing and printing a solid, clean looking resume. There are well established rules for writing a resume that works and is actually read. Most resumes are glanced at and thrown away without getting any serious attention for one of two reasons.

1. They "look" like an amateur wrote them.

2. They contain mispellings, poor grammar or inaccuracies.

See your instructor and locate your school's resume assistant. I am sure they have someone who fills that function.

Just as important you need to realize that a resume does NOT get you the job. The only purpose for the resume is to get you an interview! Therefore, you also need to prepare for the interview. That is more important that the resume! You are selling youself not a piece of paper that summarizes who you are and what you have accomplished.

Norm

Thumbs up

Seriously. DRESS TO IMPRESS. I was in the same boat you are in. I called an hvac company and asked them if they had any openings for a service tech and they said "not at this time", but that I can come in and fill out an application. So I went to their office and filled out the application while I was dressed for an interview and handed them my resume as I left. They called me the following day for an interview and immediately hired me. I found out later from one of the service managers that they hired me because I looked professional. I just wore black slacks, black dress shoes, blue shirt and a nice tie.

Since you have no field experience it might help to list your goals.
    We've been doing so much,for so long,with so little, that now we can do almost anything, with nothing at all.