+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Manometer for SP & gas regulator

Post Likes

Manometer for SP & gas regulator

I am looking for a new manometer that i can use for taking static pressure readings and checked pressure at gas valves and switches. i currently have the fieldpiece stand alone dual port manometer but, i dont think it works. it gives me readings but dont trust them. anyone use a meter that will read for all these things?

Post Likes
    magnehelic
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Post Likes
    Testo 510

Nice, compact meter fits in your toolbag and has a wide range making it more convenient than most magnahelic gauges.

Post Likes
    Ive got the fieldpiece,had it for 3 yrs,no problems so far,also hve a magnehelic,and a spring gauge,like the fieldpiece the best,accurate,fast,nice unit

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Testo 510

Nice, compact meter fits in your toolbag and has a wide range making it more convenient than most magnahelic gauges.
    ditto...works great for sp when air balancing and checking gas pressures...
    Originally Posted by ladyfire3374:

"I used to wake up excited about the challenges of the day. Now the anticipation level is somewhere between a root canal and a colonoscopy."

Post Likes
    Does the Testo 510 hold up well?
    The Bill of Rights ARTICLE II "The Right of the People to Keep and Bear Arms Shall NOT be Infringed".
    [SIZE="4"]

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by nratom45-70 View Post
    Does the Testo 510 hold up well?
    It looks fairly fragile, but I haven't had any issues with it.

Post Likes

Cool under pressure (or vacuum)

Get a Dwyer Slack Tube or Bacharach water manometer for forensic work and monthly calibration checks on all the manometers in your shop. Test high and low range pressures. Then get the Testo 510 with the magnet on the back. I'm waiting on my Dwyer 477 to croak but it does very well. I'm found the Magnahelics get out of calibration to the point they not only won't zero with the set screw but stay out of range by over 0.5 wci. Those aneroids from Yellow Jacket make nice packing material for shipments but suck for reliable measurements. The UEI digital starts out ok and seems very durable with the most padded case but it just won't hold calibration.

If you have a case where precise pressures must be taken, use a water manometer. Properly setup they have lab accuracy. For ultra precise leak testing, you should get a Kuhlman bubble tester.

HTH,

Post Likes
    thanks guys

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hearthman View Post
    Get a Dwyer Slack Tube or Bacharach water manometer for forensic work and monthly calibration checks on all the manometers in your shop. Test high and low range pressures. Then get the Testo 510 with the magnet on the back. I'm waiting on my Dwyer 477 to croak but it does very well. I'm found the Magnahelics get out of calibration to the point they not only won't zero with the set screw but stay out of range by over 0.5 wci. Those aneroids from Yellow Jacket make nice packing material for shipments but suck for reliable measurements. The UEI digital starts out ok and seems very durable with the most padded case but it just won't hold calibration.

If you have a case where precise pressures must be taken, use a water manometer. Properly setup they have lab accuracy. For ultra precise leak testing, you should get a Kuhlman bubble tester.

HTH,
    +1

Post Likes
    Kuhlman gauges have sent me on a wild goose chase more than once due to barometric pressure changes.
    The Bill of Rights ARTICLE II "The Right of the People to Keep and Bear Arms Shall NOT be Infringed".
    [SIZE="4"]

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in