Software

Thread: Software

Is anyone using Adobe 7? I was ready to buy it untill I read some mixed reviews on Amazon.

Not sure if you are joking, but you pretty much need adobe if you want to download literature from most manufacturers or many other info sites. Love it or hate it, most people need it.

By the way, you can download it for free all over the place.

Originally posted by cool-in-cayman
    Not sure if you are joking, but you pretty much need adobe if you want to download literature from most manufacturers or many other info sites. Love it or hate it, most people need it.

By the way, you can download it for free all over the place.
    You are a bit mistaken. You can download Adobe Reader so you can download Acrobat files and read them. I think the poster means Adobe Acrobat 7 which allows you to create Acrobat files from materials created in other programs like MicroSoft Word.

Nobody is giving away an expensive program like Adobe Acrobat 6 or the new 7 version!

I use Adobe Acrobat 6 a great deal but have not yet upgraded to 7. Don't know what 7 adds that 6 does not already do.

What are the problems with 7?

Yeah, you're right, I didn't see the 7, I just saw adobe. We have Adobe 7 but I only use it to convert statements invoices and PO's to PDF. Our software integrated with Adobe 7 and converts documents with one click. I never use it for anything else, but it does that good, I guess.

[Edited by cool-in-cayman on 08-02-2005 at 11:01 PM]

Thanks Norm, I wish they were giving it away.

Originally posted by targetman
    Thanks Norm, I wish they were giving it away.
    Since I use it regularly, I am interested in knowing what new features 7 has as opposed to 6. But, I am also interested in knowing what potential problems 7 has as well.

If you are aware of problems with 7, I would like to know what they are.

I write service and training literature in FrameMaker and then pdf them in Adobe 6 for the publishing people to print from.

Norm

I have version 7.

No problems and a bit eaiser to use than my old 6 and my old 5. Check their website for improvement info.

A bit costly but there are ways around that. Just have to use your imagination.