GMP125-5 fan won't shut-off - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by madeinusa
    Originally posted by RoBoTeq
    remove the wire to the "G" terminal or green wire going to the board. If it still runs, it's the board.
    Yeah Robo,I see how vague you are right here.
    Well, I gave the HO the info first... so throw me in the bucket too!

But, I thought by this comment:
    "I have checked all the wiring and am ready to recommend a new controller PC board", that he was a tech!

Most HO don't recommend something to themselves. LOL

Senior Tech Guest
    Originally posted by madeinusa
    Originally posted by senior tech
    There are tactful ways to respond to other professionals on this forum.
    I do not call someone a professional who continually breaks the rules here by giving detailed help in THIS are. It is a total disrespect for any contractor on this board.

A matter of opinion...if you disagree, please e-mail someone who can actually do something about addressing your issues. Bottom line is this, positive attitudes are contagious, negative attitudes are infectious....which do you prefer to be?

Don't take offense at the maiden, Tom. Maiden lost his wife and daughter to a Goodman salesman (both at the same time by the same guy) a few years ago and he has some issues to work out about it.
    Trust me RoBO, with you giving such a TRUE example of the intelligence here of the people who work at Goodman Mfg. a.k.a. Goodman / AMANA, no one in my family would ever waste the time to try and have any intriguing conversations or run off with them.

You know, for someone who portrays himself to be such a knowledgeable and well read person of the bible, I would expect more, but then again, aren’t these type of people known as Sunday Christian hypocrites.

Have a wonderful evening.

Do you have a power stealing thermostat? (Would be a digital thermostat with no common wire from the furnace transformer to power it.)
    Are you saying the thermostat could cause the board to fail? If yes, could you explan?

Chill

edit

[Edited by madeinusa on 08-02-2005 at 12:33 AM]

edit

Originally posted by Chill
    Do you have a power stealing thermostat? (Would be a digital thermostat with no common wire from the furnace transformer to power it.)
    Are you saying the thermostat could cause the board to fail? If yes, could you explan?
    The only way I see it to cause an issue with the blower relay is if, the transformer can't handle the extra thermostat load (causing the relay to chatter like a contactor).

However, I don't see this as a likely problem.

Chill.

I'd answer you, nut I don't want to be accused of giving info to a diyer.

Ask this question in the pro forum.

The recommemd part threw me off too.

Julz, are you kicking yourself in the butt?
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

This is silly. I am the first to disuade an uninformed DIYer from getting step by step instructions on repairing their equipment. The OP has already taken steps that some pros out there would not have done so he is not ignorant of the functions of the equipment.

I always prefer that anyone who gets their own equipment up and running still have a pro look over the system to see what may have caused the problem so the cause, not the effect, can be remedied.

Backfeeding current through a circuit board from a power stealing thermostat can wreck havoc with the electronic components on the circuit board. It does not take much to cause the micro-switch relays and other electronic switching devices to stick closed.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12