+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hoshizaki Ice Macine

Post Likes

Hoshizaki Ice Macine

Hoshizaki Md# KM-1300-SRH3 SN#N10756K Cuber with remote condenser

Machine was turned off at toggle switch when i got there. Turnned machine back on and no alarm beep. Customer said they reset alarm. Customer said last company that worked on the machine showed them how to reset it.

After running for about 5 min. I checked the head pressure on the quick connect coupler on back of machine head going up to condenser 290 PSIG and the suction pressure was 48 psig (R404A) After running for approx. 30min. Head Pressure dropped to 260psig and the suction was 46psig. I was getting extreme floodback on the compressor and still not harvesting. Im thinking bad txv!? Found this to be a nonadjustable valve! Water pump was running and going over evap. coils! Is there a way to bring up prior alarms after they have been reset? Any ideas what may be wrong if not txv? Outside ambient was 70deg. incomming water temp. about 72deg. The head pressure seemed high checked CFM and blew out condenser coil with high pressure nitrogen. Suction seems to be normal but i would think it would pull down as the ice formed on the evap. coils!

Post Likes
    TXV or weak compressor.Try to pump it down to check the compressor and if that checks out replace the txv.I have been having more txv's go bad in the last couple years than in the prior 10yrs.

Post Likes
    There is no service valves on this compressor how do i pump it down?

Post Likes
    you got the pocket tech book?

check the condenser, see if there is a valve on it (can't recall what it's called), but it will go bad
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Post Likes
    What about the hot gas valve/s leaking by?

Here's some info from their site.
    http://www.hoshizakiamerica.com/tech...t/training.asp
    Tech books
    http://www.hoshizakiamerica.com/techsupport/tSpecs.asp

Hope this helps.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Patronsilver View Post
    What about the hot gas valve/s leaking by?

Here's some info from their site.
    http://www.hoshizakiamerica.com/tech...t/training.asp
    Tech books
    http://www.hoshizakiamerica.com/techsupport/tSpecs.asp

Hope this helps.
    Another one to look at.Sliped my mind hadn't had one go bad in a while.When I install remotes I put a shut off on both lines at the cond.
    saves customer freon cost on a lot of repairs later down the road.

Post Likes
    i guess a couple things that come to mind are, what was your superheat? you say it seems like it was flooding back, but was this in harvest of freeze?

did it ever harvest on its own?

is it possible it is continually bringing in fresh water? never allowing the unit to harvest? this would keep the suction up because you are continually adding to the load.

was the high side pressure liquid or discharge? 290 is not so bad if it is discharge. it might have only been 260 on the liquid to start and 225psig 30 minutes later.

no there is no way to pull up past faults. did you ask, most customers will remember how many times it was beeping. especially if it was only once or twice.

jeep

Post Likes
    I second the fill valve stuck - those have a nasty habit of something getting stuck in them and staying open.

Post Likes

Follow Up

Recovered refrigerant installed two new txv's and new filter/dryer evacuated system down to 250 microns weighed in refrigerant Made ice like a hoshizaki!!!

Post Likes
    were there full cubes on evaporator after 30 minutes? if so maybe your float switch could be sticking. that is what puts it into harvest batch should take about 30 minutes on a hoshisaki or you could be overcharged

Post Likes
    hi im new

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman2019 View Post
    hi im new
    Lucky for you, I'm old ....

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post
    Lucky for you, I'm old ....
    So is I

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    So is I
    We're not alone here

Post Likes
    I am going to sound like an ******* here....not my intentions. This is a general response.....A model number would be appropriated..and ambient temps along with water temps. Also, an icemaker has to have the correct charge in it before any diagnostics can be performed. Also, the condenser coil has to be cleaned and if required, the evaporator. Pressures after 5 minutes into the freeze, should be trended until harvest with a time. Then harvest pressures should be trended with a harvest time. With that said....apologies if I offended anyone but this is required information and very basic. Amp draws and voltage checks would help but are really not required......I think you are overcharged or have a bad TXV. Some Hoshi's have multiple TXS so if you cannot locate it you might have to use a temperature comparison to the other using a bead probe on the outlet of the TXV...the warmer one should be the one that is over feeding. Hope the info helps!

Tim Parsons

Post Likes
    BTW.......by you posting the equipment info triggered my comment on the model and serial info. Good man!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in