I'm murder on vac pump power cords. The insulation gets ripped to shreds. What do you guys use for replacement cords?

wrap it up neat when done and store in step well of service van. my cords outlast the pump.

I have the same problem. I wrap it up good, and store it well, but seems to peel the insulation off of the cords. I wonder if the vac pump oil weakens the rubber on the cord?

It's a mystery to me, and I just keep replacing the cord every couple of years.

My pump is over 25+ years old. Good old beast, my Dad gave it to me when he retired. But not sure of the make, as the data plate is long gone. It pumps well.

Teach the apprentices right... and learn from their questions and ideas.

Is there any place in particular that it falls off?

I've always wanted to put a 10' cord on the pumps I use to save draggin out an ext cord when the plug isn't far away.

Maybe talk to an electric wholesaler and try something that isn't harmed by oil?

Type SJOOW cable, 14-3, with a good male plug.

I put about 15' on. They last a while. Beats those real short POS cords you get with the pump.

Smile Those cords

Watch your electrical tools that have brushes. These give off ozone. A corrsive gas, O3. You find the same thing with older tires on trailers and such. We call it weather rot, but is ozone reaction from the atmosphere excellerated by the sun.

Smile Those cords

Watch your electrical tools that have brushes. These give off ozone. A corrsive gas, O3. You find the same thing with older tires on trailers and such. We call it weather rot, but is ozone reaction from the atmosphere excellerated by the sun. Ozone destroys rubber.