Hybrid View

Automated Logic Dealership

I am looking at becoming an Automated Logic Dealer. I have heard good things about the product and support. If anyone is currently a dealer could you let me know if this seems to be true. Also if anyone has any negative feedback about the product it would be appreciated.

Great product, great service and support. If there is already a dealer in your area chancing of getting the line will be slim. Also, ALC has been opening factory branches in the major markets and some of the dealers are a little concerned about it.

If you can get the line you will definitely have one of the better products in your area. The strength is the WebCTRL front end. If your business model is to use the controllers under another front end (a la Tridium) or do a lot of LON, MODbus or BACnet integration (ALC does has custom drivers for may third party protocols which is nice but most integrations nowadays is LON, BACnet or MODbus) I would recommend that you look at another line such as Distech, Reliable or Delta. If you want to learning a little more about their programming tool you can find an older version (latest is pretty much the same with some more bells and whistles) you can find it here:

http://eikonforeducators.automatedlo....nsf/downloads

As I already stated great product, one of the best but like all products it does have some limitations.

kontrol out
    "Open is as open does." - Forrest Gump
    "Can't we all just get a Lon?" - Garry Jack
    "BACnet: integration or interrogation?" - The Janitor
    "Open protocols? You can't handle open protocols!" - Nathan R. Jessup
    “What’s that? Aaa… open protocols? Don’t talk about…. open protocols? Are you kidding me? Open protocols? I just hope we can hardwire an interface!” - Jim Mora http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7fjDS0jKiE

in my area ALC is flat spec'd quite often. frustrating for me but great for ALC.
    IV IV IX

use your head for something other than a hat rack.......Gerry

What kind of territory does ALC allow for their dealers. Is it statewide or do they split areas up? I know some controls manufacturers tend to protect their dealers pretty carefully.

What area of the world are you located? Look on the AutomatedLogic website and see if there are any dealers / factory offices in your area. If there is you probably don't have a snowballs chance in you know where of being one.
    You can easily judge the character of a man
    by how he treats those who can do nothing for him
    -James D. Miles

Great product and support. I have been with an ALC dealer for 11 years now.

It depends. Some have a state and some have a portion of state. We have all South Carolina, the western portion of North Carolina and just acquired Arkansas. With rare exeption no other ALC dealer can do jobs in your territory.

Thanks. I will do some wheeling and dealing to see what I can come up with.

Southern California has at least 5 dealers and territories are pretty lax in metro Los Angeles, but counties around it are locked into individual dealers. Nevada has only two dealers one in Las Vegas and one in Reno, pretty much split the state in half.

ALC does enforce dealers territories and existing customers of dealers to the point that even if the client would like to go to another dealer ALC won't generally allow it.

kontrol out
    "Open is as open does." - Forrest Gump
    "Can't we all just get a Lon?" - Garry Jack
    "BACnet: integration or interrogation?" - The Janitor
    "Open protocols? You can't handle open protocols!" - Nathan R. Jessup
    “What’s that? Aaa… open protocols? Don’t talk about…. open protocols? Are you kidding me? Open protocols? I just hope we can hardwire an interface!” - Jim Mora http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7fjDS0jKiE

As previously stated, depends on what area is already covered. Here in PA there are only 2 and there is no overlap. You can go on the ALC Website www.automatedlogic.com and "find a dealer", that will give you an idea what you're up against.

Start here:
    http://www.automatedlogic.com/locati...-branch-dealer
    HotRod

Controls..some days your a hero, some days your a zero. Direct acting since 1992.

call automated logic and ask for John Miner. he's the man to speak with regarding new/expanded dealership opportunities.