Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Meter

"PARALAX"
    It's what happens when you dont look stright into the analog meter movement when taking a reading.
    In other words ... you look at an angle and see a distorted view and your reading is wrong.

Anyone who grew up in this trade with analog meters knows what paralax is. That is .... if your an "ol fart"!

Anyone who dont know what paralax is is either a newbie to the industry or perhaps just had a very sheltered life ....

We used that a lot when clocking gas meters. If you didn't like the results with one eye use the other if makes more sense HeeHee

Originally posted by ricm
    Jeez guys... I thought I was fishing back in time when I was telling of starting back in 1976.... sooooo.... nearing retirement, are we?
    29 years to go, and I am OUTTA here.

Ah yes... recall the Paralax issues from about 30 years back.... Hmmmmmm.... I wonder if.........

Aww Crap! I held up my pay stub, looked at it from a different angle with the other eye.... NO IMPROVEMENT! It must be all lies!
    Teach the apprentices right... and learn from their questions and ideas.

You need the parallax adaptakit.

I've got an anologue parallax adaptakit - but sadly, my pay checks are in Digital!!! You know, THAT old chestnut.
    Teach the apprentices right... and learn from their questions and ideas.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12