Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My only gripe about core removal tools period is that the holding pin from the brass stem to the actual Schroeder u shaped grabber gets loose and eventually moves and either jams your attempt to remove the Schroeder or pin is now gone and brass stem just spins. So is the Appion unit a better longtime design and this is a non issue?

I haven't tried the appion tool yet, but from other threads the tool doesn't have the same issues. I would try it after the liquid is removed from a system and then only use it on the high side as a test. This way the pressure isn't way too high with the core potentially broken.

Every tool that appion makes is great in my opinion ! The appion core remover vs YJ or C&D is superior. BluVac micron gauge is as good as advertised

They are on special for $44.99 at Johnstone till the end of the month.

I use the C & D valve core tools. I got lucky and was able to buy them brand new off Ebay for bout half the MSRP.

[QUOTE=JBM1000;10065592]My only gripe about core removal tools period is that the holding pin from the brass stem to the actual Schroeder u shaped grabber gets loose and eventually moves and either jams your attempt to remove the Schroeder or pin is now gone and brass stem just spins. So is the Appion unit a better longtime design and this is a non issue?[/QUOTe

I didn't know Rikky Schroeder was making valves. You learn something every day.
    I STARTED WITH NOTHING, AND I STILL HAVE MOST OF IT!

Quote Originally Posted by allstar08 View Post

I didn't know Rikky Schroeder was making valves. You learn something every day.
    Yeah, he had to stop sucking on that silver spoon.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us.

Two pressures, four temperatures = SUCCESS!

Boulder Heating Contractor

For Consumers:

For HVACR Professionals:

Quote Originally Posted by darctangent View Post
    Yeah, he had to stop sucking on that silver spoon.
    I used to love that show. Erin Gay...... need I say more? I don't know how you can miss that word so bad. You only deal with it like every day. I have seen people add an e after the a, but never name it after one of my favorite child actors.
    I STARTED WITH NOTHING, AND I STILL HAVE MOST OF IT!

Just to answer the original question:

Both Appion core removal tools have a 1/4" side port and a 1/4" hose connection port. The only connection difference between the two is the swivel fitting you attach to the system: 1/4" or 5/16".

FWIW, our Valve Core Removal Tools were not designed with sitcoms in mind.

Christian Pena - Appion Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Appion-ChrisP View Post
    Just to answer the original question:

Both Appion core removal tools have a 1/4" side port and a 1/4" hose connection port. The only connection difference between the two is the swivel fitting you attach to the system: 1/4" or 5/16".

FWIW, our Valve Core Removal Tools were not designed with sitcoms in mind.

Christian Pena - Appion Inc.
    Hey Christian,

thanks for responding, and please stick around. I think there is a great opportunity for manufacturers to learn what the guys in the field are wanting in terms of product development. You guys could get a lot of ideas off HVAC-Talk!
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us.

Two pressures, four temperatures = SUCCESS!

Boulder Heating Contractor

For Consumers:

For HVACR Professionals:

It rocks

This core tool rocks, I own all of the core tools made...they all suck. This Appion rocks and is worth every penny. It has made my life easier since I bought it.

Some Talk, Some Do
    "keeping condensing pressures low and evaporator pressures high"
    Comfort is my goal
    Blog
    Web
    Facebook

I picked one up 2 days ago. I have used it three times so far. Excellent tool!!
    I would have gotten two but they only had one in stock. So i had a side by side comparison i guess you could say during my evacuation. The Appion was rock solid. The YJ did its job well (only 6 mo old) but the seal feels light compared to the Appion.

why would you need two?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast