HEY many D's...

Thread: HEY many D's...

like your signature line !!! I am a fan of the original Lynrd Skynyrd !!! It hurt when the free bird went down !
    Van Zant and Steve Gains are buried in a cemetary about two miles from where I grew up. Orange Park Cemetary in Orange Park ,Fla. used to visit the graves on occasion. Charlie Daniels wrote a 4 line poem and it was carved on a granite bench that sits next to Van Zant's grave which is a huge above ground memorial. sure glad surviving members of the Van Zant clan are still playin.
    Da Threadkilla

Originally posted by oogene
    like your signature line !!! I am a fan of the original Lynrd Skynyrd !!! It hurt when the free bird went down !
    Van Zant and Steve Gains are buried in a cemetary about two miles from where I grew up. Orange Park Cemetary in Orange Park ,Fla. used to visit the graves on occasion. Charlie Daniels wrote a 4 line poem and it was carved on a granite bench that sits next to Van Zant's grave which is a huge above ground memorial. sure glad surviving members of the Van Zant clan are still playin.
    They use to play at Christmas time and we would roll a few up tight and go see them play at the old Civic Center. Lynwood Skynyrd was the name of their PE coach at high school. Imagine them and the Allman Brothers playing.

Sweet Melissa and Sweet Home Alabama

Yes!

[Edited by James 3528 on 07-31-2005 at 11:34 PM]

[QUOTE]Originally posted by James 3528
    [B][QUOTE]Originally posted by oogene
    [B]like your signature line !!! I am a fan of the original Lynrd Skynyrd !!!

Lynwood Skynyrd was the name of their PE couch at high school.
    QUOTE]

I think the gym coaches name was Leonard Skinner.

yep, I believe you guys are on the right path... think his name was leonard skinner and they put the y's in there forgot the reason though. amazing how the free bird still flies (alng with a lot of the 70's rock n roll (and a lot of the 60's tunes as well)
    Da Threadkilla