Smile

Has anyone on this site turn an idea or hobby into a sucess business?

When I was a young husband and father we lived in a community that was near a lake. The town doubled in size during the summer.

Being in the refrigeration trade I tought it would be a good idea to start a small ice business to supply ice to the local stores.

It was a fun family business. My 3 kids would help me deliver ice on the weekend. With the money we made we were able to fly them all down to Disney World. They are all in their 30's now and they tell stories about how hard it was back in the olden days when they delivered ice with the old man.

We had several ice machines in the basement of the house. A big walkin in freezer in the back yard and a freezer 3ton truck. We made ice all winter. The heat of which heated the house. By March we didn't have another sq.inch to store an cube. By July we couldn't keep up with demand and we bought additional ice form a plant in the city. We had some fun with that business. My old friends and family still laugh when we talk about those days.

My wife has,she has so many shoes that i think she has a successful business of spending my money on shoes.

Originally posted by bigbird
    My wife has,she has so many shoes that i think she has a successful business of spending my money on shoes.
    Been there!

Every time I buy a tool My wife says to be fair she should buy a new pair of shoes. to thawart that I just dont' tell her and when she questions me I say "heck I got that months ago and havn't used it you just forgot honey" Funny thing is I notice her wearing new shoes and when I comment on them She says the same thing "i brought these months ago and I havn't worn them till now"
    www.vetopropac.com - The best tool bags on the market - The offical tool bag of choice by techs everywhere

Arguing with some people is like wrestling a pig - eventually you realise the pig actually enjoys it

Gonads serve a useful purpose but are no substitute for brains